CraigC

Guru
Local time
10:52 AM
We really like this and have been making it for years. We change up the fruit, but usually stick with melons.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup sweet-hot German mustard
1/4 cup whole-grain German mustard
(the original recipe just called for 1/2 cup German mustard)
1 Tbsp Chinese hot mustard
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup cream
2 whole chicken breasts, split, skinned, boned, pounded to even thickness.
salt and pepper
Mixed fruit of your choice, melons of any kind, kiwi, strawberries.

Directions
1) Mix mustards, honey and cream until well combined. Reserve half for later. Sprinkle chicken with S and P, place in a flat pan or plastic bag, add half of mustard combo turning or squeezing bag to coat chicken well. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
2) Set up grill with a 2 zone fire (350F hot side).
3) When ready to grill, gently pat chicken mostly dry (do NOT remove all the marinade, just get it to where it's not sloppy wet) then grill until done. You can also cook on the stove in a bit of butter and oil, but we like it much better cooked on the grill.
4) Warm reserved marinade over medium heat. Slice chicken, top with marinade/sauce and serve with the fruit.

36788-albums322-picture8014.jpg

1/2 cup Dijon mustard

That is a serious amount of mustard for two chicken breasts. Not that I'm complaining. :) In fact, I've got to try it! But what is Chinese hot mustard? Not sure if that is available here.

It's what you eat with egg rolls. I think we've had this discussion before. You: can make it from mustard powder but I'll have to find a recipe. It is seriously sinus clearing!

It's 4 servings. Actually we usually use 4 thighs, but the original recipe used breasts and lots of people like to use them, so...

The honey, cream and the fruit on the side tame the mustard.

We really like this and have been making it for years. We change up the fruit, but usually stick with melons.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup cream
2 whole chicken breasts, split, skinned, boned, pounded to even thickness.
salt and pepper
Mixed fruit of your choice, melons of any kind, kiwi, strawberries.

Directions
1) Mix mustards, honey and cream until well combined. Reserve half for later. Sprinkle chicken with S and P, place in a flat pan or plastic bag, add half of mustard combo turning or squeezing bag to coat chicken well. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
2) Set up grill with a 2 zone fire (350F hot side).
3) When ready to grill, gently pat chicken mostly dry (do NOT remove all the marinade, just get it to where it's not sloppy wet) then grill until done. You can also cook on the stove in a bit of butter and oil, but we like it much better cooked on the grill.
4) Warm reserved marinade over medium heat. Slice chicken, top with marinade/sauce and serve with the fruit.

View attachment 29063

I just found 3 chicken breasts in the freezer while ferreting around in there. I'm having this mid week, thanks Craig.

Russ

I guess it's probably available as powder here, but it's widely available as actual mustard here, and that's what goes in the recipe, NOT powder.

Back
Top Bottom