Modified Tapioca Starch vs Tapioca Starch

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
1:17 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I'm curious, what's the difference between modified tapioca starch and tapioca starch?

I ask because I made a recipe yesterday that required 1/4 cup of modified tapioca starch. Needless to say, I didn't have any, but instead had a 1/2l Ikea kilner style jar of normal tapioca starch.

This is something that I never tried to make. Not that I didn't want to, but just never made it. Guess that I cane if I put some effort to it :unsure:

This is something that I never tried to make. Not that I didn't want to, but just never made it. Guess that I cane if I put some effort to it :unsure:
I think it's something you purchase. :wink: It's similar in concept to cornflour or xantham gum, is a thickening agent. I just have no idea why the recipe calls for modified tapioca starch as opposed to normal tapioca starch which I buy by the 500g weight .

I think it's something you purchase. :wink: It's similar in concept to cornflour or xantham gum, is a thickening agent. I just have no idea why the recipe calls for modified tapioca starch as opposed to normal tapioca starch which I buy by the 500g weight .

Yeah, I've seen it in the store at times.

Back
Top Bottom