Moist muffins

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
2:40 AM
Since muffins can be sweet or savory, I decided to stick this thread here. I experimented with applesauce the other day and it really does make muffin, or other baked goods, more moist. I made a batch of 12 banana muffins and they turned out a little dry and so I added a half a cup of applesauce to the second batch of 12 and there was a huge difference. Have you tried adding applesauce before?

I have used applesauce to reduce the amount of oil and sugar with pretty good success. I don't do it all that often though. Applesauce has fiber which is good, and I think that's what traps the moisture and keeps them from getting dry. I prefer to use home canned applesauce though, not really a fan of the store bought kind.

I would love to get my hands on some homemade apple sauce, my mom used to make it but she does not anymore. I like to get the single serve applesauce cups at the store because they are about 1/2 cup each and so the measurement is perfect. All you have to do is peel back the wrapper and dump the applesauce in. I have never thought about reducing the amount of sugar I use when I add the applesauce to the batter, I will have to give that a try next time.

Back
Top Bottom