Molasses.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:29 PM
Won't run out of molasses for a while! Bought a gallon of it from Amazon. I make baked beans a lot, so it's good to have enough of it around & keep on hand. Also comes in handy for making brown sugar, which I Intend to do as soon as the store bought is all gone. It gets all hard if it is around too long!!!! Also good for baking sweets, like certain breads, gingerbread cookies & other things!! 😡

Last edited:
I use grandmas.

full.jpg

But I have other sweets, as well.

I just about have all that stuff. The things that I use the most of, I buy in large quantities. Be careful with the honey though! Looks like it's getting dark. If it's around to long, it starts to get hard also. I threw some in the trash the other day because it was dark & hard!! It's easy to get when you need more. I buy that in small bottles. :whistling:

Yeah, I think Grandma's is the best one!! Agave can be used in place of honey at times. I think it has a longer shelf life. :whistling:

I use honey that darkens in coffee. No problem. The worst thing I've seen happen to honey is that it waxes.

I hate the taste of honey on its own, but I use it a lot as an ingredient. I also cook with molasses, but my favorite to eat from the jar (with a little butter mixed in) is sorghum.

I just about have all that stuff. The things that I use the most of, I buy in large quantities. Be careful with the honey though! Looks like it's getting dark. If it's around to long, it starts to get hard also. I threw some in the trash the other day because it was dark & hard!! It's easy to get when you need more. I buy that in small bottles. :whistling:

Just put your bottle of hardened honey in hot water (not boiling, but up around 120F). Leave it for a while, and it will return to liquid. Hardening is just the honey crystalizing into sugar. The darker color doesn't effect the taste, in my experience. I do it all the time. I use my sous vide setup at 120F for about an hour.

CD

I've done that before, but it seems like it takes forever to return to liquid. Maybe overnight?

Back
Top Bottom