Recipe Monkfish with black beluga lentils

Sandra

Über Member
Local time
1:59 AM
I really like the combination of legumes with fish.
coda di rospo.jpg

Ingredients:
300 gr black beluga lentils (in Italy they are called beluga because they are black and shiny like caviar)
2 table spoons chopped carrots, celery and onion
800 – 1000 gr vegetable broth
800 gr monkfish
1 clove of garlic
rosemary
EVOO
salt and pepper

Method:
In a pan cook the chopped vegetables with 2 tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and cook for a few minutes with rosemary, salt and pepper.
Add the vegetable broth and continue to cook and add the broth gradually when it dries.
In a different pan cook the monkfish (cut into pieces) with 2 tablespoons of oil, the clove of garlic, salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
When the lentils are almost cooked, add the monkfish and finish cooking together.
preparazione coda di rospo.jpg

I really like beluga lentils. I have a couple of recipes using them on the forum - see here and here. It never occurred to me to have them with fish for some reason - but I can see that a robust fish such as monkfish would work very well.

Last edited:
@Sandra,

Absolutely a fascinating way to prepare lentils & Monkfish ( a fave fish of mine ). We call it, The Poor Man´s Lobster ! However, it is more or less the same Price now as Lobster !! It is caught wild here ..

On a classic Spanish Note: It is also amazing as the Granada, Andalusians prepare it .. Pomegranates, dried fruits and honey liquor baked in a sweet White Wine ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Back
Top Bottom