More cook books....

Thank you. Please let us know how it taste. I'm glad to see it uses Turmeric.

I have mixed feelings re keeping old cookbooks. Usually, if I haven't made a recipe from the book in a certain amount of time, I probably never will. No interest, and as time goes by, the recipes/dishes/prep methods have gone out of style. There are certain (retro) classics I like, that for the most part, never go out of style. One example is a Time Life collection circa 1970s or 1980s. The illustrations are beautiful, and most of the dishes/recipes stand the test of time. They have hardcovers, as well. There are a few retro cookbooks I've donated that I regret, but sometimes I can find the recipe on the internet. Personal choice re stay or go. I never warmed up to The Joy of Cooking, years ago. I would like Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything.

I have mixed feelings re keeping old cookbooks. Usually, if I haven't made a recipe from the book in a certain amount of time, I probably never will. No interest, and as time goes by, the recipes/dishes/prep methods have gone out of style. There are certain (retro) classics I like, that for the most part, never go out of style. One example is a Time Life collection circa 1970s or 1980s. The illustrations are beautiful, and most of the dishes/recipes stand the test of time. They have hardcovers, as well. There are a few retro cookbooks I've donated that I regret, but sometimes I can find the recipe on the internet. Personal choice re stay or go. I never warmed up to The Joy of Cooking, years ago. I would like Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything.
I know what you mean. There are some cookbooks that I just could not part with even If I have never used them or never will use them. What I have been doing with my other cookbooks lately is going through them and print out recipes that I THINK someday we will want to make. And then I add the book to the stack that someday I will either donate or sell.

I have mixed feelings re keeping old cookbooks. Usually, if I haven't made a recipe from the book in a certain amount of time, I probably never will.
That's how I feel about almost everything - clothes, TV shows on my DVR, etc.

That's how I feel about almost everything - clothes, TV shows on my DVR, etc.
Me too. I want New Stuff.
The exception was my old classic movie collection on VCR tapes. I kept them card-catalogued for years. Sadly, the tapes got old, and VCRs went out of style. I also ran out of space. I had a huge film library.

I like tumeric quite a bit, but ever since my wife went on blood thinners...no more tumeric. :(
Sadly it's not just turmeric but curcumin (the chemical that makes chillies hot) as well. They both amplify the effect of the blood thinners.

I've just spent 6 months on a very high dose of clexane after being diagnosed with 3 major pulmonary emboli after major surgery last year.
I have to say I didn't take a huge amount of notice regarding it but did have many bouts of bleeding from minor knocks though Drs just said that was the dose I was on causing it. My flights back to the UK and home again had me back on the clexane for 5 days each time. Apparently I'm going to need to do that every time I fly now.

Back
Top Bottom