More Cookery Books.

Stouffer’s is a brand name of frozen meals, and they’re famous for their family-sized trays of lasagna - lots of American kids were raised on that stuff.

View attachment 112097
Stouffer's also ran Top of the Hub, the swank skyroom restaurant formerly located at the top floor of the Prudential Tower. It was changed into a three-story observation deck, called View Boston. It is now a newer swank resturant. I used to work there in the early '70's.
View Boston..jpeg

I wanna lasagne, pasta bake thread!
When I make it, perhaps I’ll start one, unless someone beats me to it. Scheduled for a week from today.

It’ll be interesting because I’ve exclusively used no-boil lasagna sheets for years now…I’m going to feel like I’m stepping back in time!

When I make it, perhaps I’ll start one, unless someone beats me to it. Scheduled for a week from today.

It’ll be interesting because I’ve exclusively used no-boil lasagna sheets for years now…I’m going to feel like I’m stepping back in time!
Well take it easy on them, just about pliable is plenty or you'll end up with lasagne ahoy 😂

I'll have a look at the recipe later.
At the services having a break before we set off again!

It’ll be interesting because I’ve exclusively used no-boil lasagna sheets for years now…
So did we until about 2 years ago, and every time we cooked the lasagna, it turned out a bit dry. One day we decided to use lasagna sheets which needed cooking first. 7 minutes, if I remember rightly, and a right royal PITA because they had to be removed from the water with tongs and laid on kitchen towels.
However....
A ginormous difference in the quality of the final lasagna. (Plus the fact, perhaps, that I don't mind spending loads of time in the kitchen - not everyone has the time, and I perfectly understand that).

Back
Top Bottom