Moroccan - Tagine cooking

pattyk

Veteran
Local time
5:12 AM
I am thinking about buying a tagine pot, but I'm wondering just how good they are - are they any better than cooking with regular cookware, or a slow cooker even? They look lovely, but for me it has to do something that the rest of my cookware cannot do, as I really don't have a lot of spare storage!

So, can anyone give me a fair appraisal based on their experience of cooking in a tagine?

Thanks everyone.

I haven't used one of these but they interest me too. The recipes also look amazing, I haven't had much chance to try authentic Moroccan food and it looks really good. I wonder does a tagine do something different that your regular cookware can't do?

Tagines are a very old, traditional way of cooking. I've wanted one for quite some time myself! I've had food prepared in one, but I've not actually used one myself.

I haven't used one of these but they interest me too. The recipes also look amazing, I haven't had much chance to try authentic Moroccan food and it looks really good. I wonder does a tagine do something different that your regular cookware can't do?

It depends on your regular cookware, but they get very hot. Remember, they are older than our modern ovens.

Back
Top Bottom