Mother's Day (USA & Aus + NZ?)

Karen W

Über Member
Local time
6:01 AM
Are you eating in or out? Cooking & serving breakfast in bed or ...? What's the plan or menu? Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's at CB.

Are you eating in or out? Cooking & serving breakfast in bed or ...? What's the plan or menu? Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's at CB.

Oh gosh! its a completely different day to the UK (as your thread title indicates). In the UK, its in March.

When I was a kid (in the 50's and early 60's) I don't remember there being a Mother's Day in the UK. If there was, then my family didn't recognise it. I've had 4 kids and we never did Mother's Day either (maybe because I didn't celebrate it as a kid). But somehow, and I'm not sure when it happened, Mother's Day has become a big thing here too. Lots of bouquets of flowers appear in the shops and there are special promotions of Mother's Day gifts. I obviously missed out!

I think it's Sunday. I did not know that. I celebrate everything food related. lol. If you don't have kids, go out w friends or take yourself out (I did one year), or send yourself flowers. I don't complain about lines in restaurants if I want to go out. Make reservations. Christmas, Channukah, Easter, Passover, Mother's day, Father's day. It's all good, & an excuse to eat good food and have a good time. I like to hear about the food. :)

Last edited:
Oh gosh! its a completely different day to the UK (as your thread title indicates). In the UK, its in March.

When I was a kid (in the 50's and early 60's) I don't remember there being a Mother's Day in the UK. If there was, then my family didn't recognise it. I've had 4 kids and we never did Mother's Day either (maybe because I didn't celebrate it as a kid). But somehow, and I'm not sure when it happened, Mother's Day has become a big thing here too. Lots of bouquets of flowers appear in the shops and there are special promotions of Mother's Day gifts. I obviously missed out!

We didn't celebrate everything either, growing up. Now I make my own holidays, and am good to myself.

We never really celebrated if when I was a kid, although I always spoilt my mum, she never wanted for anything once I started work until the day she died. We do celebrate it here now though. Family were all here last Sunday when Mother's Day came up. Everyone decided we are all going out for dinner. A Mexican joint that have kids eat free with adults. It's a good place. I normally get my wife vouchers at her hair dressers for occasions. How a woman can spend over $100 on hair is way beyond me. I get a $10 number 1 haircut. Lol.

Russ

We never really celebrated if when I was a kid, although I always spoilt my mum, she never wanted for anything once I started work until the day she died. We do celebrate it here now though. Family were all here last Sunday when Mother's Day came up. Everyone decided we are all going out for dinner. A Mexican joint that have kids eat free with adults. It's a good place. I normally get my wife vouchers at her hair dressers for occasions. How a woman can spend over $100 on hair is way beyond me. I get a $10 number 1 haircut. Lol.

Russ
You guys are always way ahead of us. Lol kids eat free is a good idea. Some pretty good deals at restaurants on Holidays. What did you eat? May go out for steak and lobster tail and baked Spud.

Father's Day has been pretty much the same for a few years - dinner at home - Steak frites, wedge salad, & added an ice cream cake (store bought) more recently.

You guys are always way ahead of us. Lol kids eat free is a good idea. Some pretty good deals at restaurants on Holidays. What did you eat? May go out for steak and lobster tail and baked Spud.

Father's Day has been pretty much the same for a few years - dinner at home - Steak frites, wedge salad, & added an ice cream cake (store bought) more recently.

This Sunday, in 2 days time. I'll take some pics, see how the menu compares to your tex mex

Russ

Back
Top Bottom