Mothers Day

DancingLady

Veteran
Local time
10:23 PM
Are you cooking a special meal for your mother today? Or going out to eat?

I'm not able to be with mine, so I can't do either, but I wish I could cook a nice meal for her and the rest of the family.

It's come and gone in the UK in March, but I did know a lot of the world celebrated today
So happy Mother's Day to all the mums

In the UK it was a set day when the young girls in service/ a type of house servant in times gone past would return to their mother and family and spend the day ,with the image of them carrying a wild flower posy,now it's sponsored by card shops,to sell more of their junk and I love you mum cards,but it is a time of reflection for some to remember the good times of what their mum meant

In the UK it was a set day when the young girls in service/ a type of house servant in times gone past would return to their mother and family and spend the day ,with the image of them carrying a wild flower posy,now it's sponsored by card shops,to sell more of their junk and I love you mum cards,but it is a time of reflection for some to remember the good times of what their mum meant

I don't like the way Mother's Day has become so commercial either and feel it must be quite painful for those who are missing loved ones. In any case, we should be telling our Mum's that we love them all year round, not just when Hallmark tells us to!

I agree that we should be sharing the love all year not just on one day. I called my mom and wished her happy day and love. I just wanted to have a quiet day to myself as it has been a year to think about and a month that I need to learn to do more for me and not so much for others.

Back
Top Bottom