Recipe Mozzarella in the carriage (mozzarella in carrozza)

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:51 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Serves 4, Preparation time 10 mins, Cooking time 5 mins
  • 10 bread slices
  • 2 mozzarella cut into slices
  • breadcrumbs to taste
  • white flour 00 to taste
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • half glass of milk
  • a pinch of salt
  • Peanuts oil for frying
Method
  1. Prepare the ingredients for the various steps to do.
  2. In a plate put the flour, in another plate the breadcrumbs and in a bowl beat the eggs and mix them together with milk.
  3. Dry mozzarella with a kitchen cloth (get it quite dry) and divide them into thin slices.
  4. Cut in two triangle each square slice of bread and go on with the others.
  5. On each little triangle of bread, put one or two mozzarella slices, then place another triangle on top of it to form a sandwich. Pass it in the bowl with eggs and milk, let it absorb well, now pass it in the flour and then in the breadcrumbs and crush them well compact with your fingers. Go on for the others.
  6. Heat the peanuts oil and just warm (you can do the test by putting a toothpick, if it makes bubbles then it is ready for frying), dip your mozzarella triangles, let them brown on both sides and then place them on a plate with absorbent kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
  7. When ready, add a pinch of salt and serve hot.

Mozzarella in carrozza.jpg

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly

Yes, breaded Mozzarella di Bufala ! Quite a treasure !!

On the same idea as French Toast however, with the Mozzarella di Bufala or Torrijas ( the Spanish versión of French Toast, eaten at Lent Time & Easter, or Semana Santa, however, it is prepared with Evoo, not butter & red wine instead of milk .. ) ..

I have had this many times in Italy for breakfast however, never have prepared it at home ..

Shall be preparing it when I return from Madrid late next week ..

Have a fabulous weekend ..

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, breaded Mozzarella di Bufala ! Quite a treasure !!

On the same idea as French Toast however, with the Mozzarella di Bufala or Torrijas ( the Spanish versión of French Toast, eaten at Lent Time & Easter, or Semana Santa, however, it is prepared with Evoo, not butter & red wine instead of milk .. ) ..

I have had this many times in Italy for breakfast however, never have prepared it at home ..

Shall be preparing it when I return from Madrid late next week ..

Have a fabulous weekend ..

@Francesca you will surprised by how is simple to make this recipe at home :thumbsup: ..but...I'm not sure to understood....did you have mozzarella in carrozza for breakfast in Italy?

@Francesca you will surprised by how is simple to make this recipe at home :thumbsup: ..but...I'm not sure to understood....did you have mozzarella in carrozza for breakfast in Italy?

@MypinchofItaly

Mozzarella di Bufala Crrozza for Brunch at Hotels over the years.

The last time I had it was along the Amalfi Coast, Sorentino and Napoli ..

@MypinchofItaly

Mozzarella di Bufala Crrozza for Brunch at Hotels over the years.

The last time I had it was along the Amalfi Coast, Sorentino and Napoli ..

Ah ok, brunch is another thing..

in fact it seemed a little strange indeed that you had eaten mozzarella in the carriage for breakfast ...

Last edited:
Ah ok, brunch is another thing..

in fact it seemed a little strange indeed that I had eaten mozzarella in the carriage for breakfast ...

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, a typing mistake ! I meant brunch ( 11.00am ) .. It is a lovely lovely "snack" or what I would call a "tapa" or "amuse boûche" !!

Definitely, shall make when I get home ..

Yes, it is very easy to prepare ..

Have a lovely evening ..

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, a typing mistake ! I meant brunch ( 11.00am ) .. It is a lovely lovely "snack" or what I would call a "tapa" or "amuse boûche" !!

Definitely, shall make when I get home ..

Yes, it is very easy to prepare ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Let me know how is gone when you'll prepare it...:)

This looks so delicious. I can see having it by itself, or dipped in marinara sauce (or with tomato soup). Like an inside-out pizza!

Thank you @The Late Night Gourmet, it's delicious indeed. In my opinion mozzarella in carrozza is better to eat by itself or accompanied by a light salad or vegetables to balance the taste. Of course you can experiment what you prefer..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom