Recipe Mushroom and potato curry

Local time
12:57 PM
Website
www.helium.com
We've decided to eat less meat for a while, after pigging out over Christmas and New Year. And we've just had the family over for Tony's 80th birthday, so that was a lot more food. Last night, I was looking for something to cook that didn't involve meat, but was nice and warming, and I came across this recipe.

I substituted sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes, and as I didn't have any coconut milk, I used a little extra stock, and added Greek yogurt and lemon juice. It was absolutely wonderful served with brown rice, so I thought I'd share the recipe here. It's low on calories and fat as well, if you're watching your weight - which we seem to be doing permanently!

recipe-image-legacy-id--339051_11.jpg

I know it's a vegetarian dish but when I see the picture, I can't stop imagining how good that would be with a bit of meat in there! :p

We've decided to eat less meat for a while, after pigging out over Christmas and New Year. And we've just had the family over for Tony's 80th birthday, so that was a lot more food. Last night, I was looking for something to cook that didn't involve meat, but was nice and warming, and I came across this recipe.

I substituted sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes, and as I didn't have any coconut milk, I used a little extra stock, and added Greek yogurt and lemon juice. It was absolutely wonderful served with brown rice, so I thought I'd share the recipe here. It's low on calories and fat as well, if you're watching your weight - which we seem to be doing permanently!

recipe-image-legacy-id--339051_11.jpg
That looks good just the way it is. I would take the yogurt out personally (I'm vegan), but other than that you have a nice looking dish. I love curry, its great with potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom