Puggles

Veteran
Local time
8:43 PM
1657768431590.jpeg

Ingredients
Fresh pasta 50/50 bread flour and whole wheat
2 big portobello mushrooms
caramelized onions, a few tablespoons (optional, I had some leftover).
as much garlic as you like (I did 2 fresh pressed cloves and about a tablespoon of roasted garlic I had on hand)
4 tablespoons butter (divided)
2 tablespoons flour
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
A bit of lemon zest (optional)
1 1/4 cups milk
Sherry
Salt & Pepper

Method
Melt butter and saute mushrooms and garlic until soft, at this stage add caramelized onions if you're using them. (about 5 or so minutes).
Remove sauteed mushrooms and set them aside.
Add a couple'ish more tablespoons of butter, melt and add flour. Cookout flour for a few minutes (until tan or khaki) to make a roux.
Add a splash of Sherry (optional) to "deglaze" then add milk, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
Add back mushrooms and mix.
Bring to a strong simmer, bubbles are good, but you don't really want to boil because it will "break" the sauce and separate the butter.
If it's not thick enough at this stage, I wouldn't add raw flour, I would just make a small corn starch slurry and add that until you get the consistency you like.
One Final season to taste.
Pour on top of pasta.
Shove in your face hole making sure no one else gets any.
Smile at everyone while you're eating their food.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the recipe forum, so it seems like there should be a recipe. Otherwise, just put it in the "What did you eat" thread.

CD
This is true. So you were just asking "where is the recipe" and not "I want the recipe".

View attachment 87731

Ingredients
Fresh pasta 50/50 bread flour and whole wheat
2 big portobello mushrooms
caramelized onions, a few tablespoons (optional, I had some leftover).
as much garlic as you like (I did 2 fresh pressed cloves and about a tablespoon of roasted garlic I had on hand)
4 tablespoons butter (divided)
2 tablespoons flour
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
A bit of lemon zest (optional)
1 1/4 cups milk
Sherry
Salt & Pepper

Method
Melt butter and saute mushrooms and garlic until soft, at this stage add caramelized onions if you're using them. (about 5 or so minutes).
Remove sauteed mushrooms and set them aside.
Add a couple'ish more tablespoons of butter, melt and add flour. Cookout flour for a few minutes (until tan or khaki) to make a roux.
Add a splash of Sherry (optional) to "deglaze" then add milk, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
Add back mushrooms and mix.
Bring to a strong simmer, bubbles are good, but you don't really want to boil because it will "break" the sauce and separate the butter.
If it's not thick enough at this stage, I wouldn't add raw flour, I would just make a small corn starch slurry and add that until you get the consistency you like.
One Final season to taste.
Pour on top of pasta.
Shove in your face hole making sure no one else gets any.
Smile at everyone while you're eating their food.
I love it! You've been inspiring me lately to break out my pasta attachment for the KitchenAid which I've still not used. I've been using up a glut of boxed pasta I stocked up on last year, but now that work projects are winding down, it's time to get busy in the kitchen!

Snickering at the last 2 sentences of your post, lol.

Back
Top Bottom