2) 1 cup Tahini
3) 1 Lemon
4) 1 tsp Salt
5) 1 tbsp Yogurt
6 ) 1 clove Garlic
7) 2 tbsp Water
8) Olive oil

Preparation:
1) Grill the eggplant straight on the hob.
2) Slice it open from the middle and empty it from the inside
3) Chop it into very small pieces
4) Add the Tahini, water , and salt, and keep stirring until the color turns white and the texture is smooth.
5) Add the Lemon Juice, and ground garlic.
6) Keep mixing it then add olive oil to it and enjoy it with bread.

Yes, Its a classic recipe and is perhaps more commonly known in this country as Baba Ghanoush. This recipe was, in fact posted quite recently as a submission for the The CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The challenge features a different ingredient in each round and at that time, the ingredient was 'aubergine' (known as eggplant in U.S.). The current ingredient is 'the orange'. If you have any recipes featuring oranges then please enter the competition! Click on the link The CookingBites Recipe Challenge to see how to enter.

Oh so that is what Baba Ganoush is. It is one of the many things that I have wonderred about. I would make this. I really don't buy eggplant ever often though. I usually only purchase it if i am going to make eggplant parm. I do eat hummus fairly frequently though. THat is something i like as a lunchtime alternative. I am certain it is very healthy for you. Anything that is low calorie with a lot of vitamins and minerals I am there.

Oh so that is what Baba Ganoush is. It is one of the many things that I have wonderred about. I would make this. I really don't buy eggplant ever often though. I usually only purchase it if i am going to make eggplant parm. I do eat hummus fairly frequently though. THat is something i like as a lunchtime alternative. I am certain it is very healthy for you. Anything that is low calorie with a lot of vitamins and minerals I am there.
You need to beware of hummus as a low calorie food @kgord ! Its actually high in calories - an average serving size of hummus, which is around one cup may contain 400-450 calories. And then you have to consider the calories in the bread you may eat with it. The main culprit is tahini (which is also found in the Baba Ganoush). You can make a lower cal dip by leaving out the tahini.

Back
Top Bottom