Recipe & Video My Attempt At Inventing a Vegan Burger

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
12:51 AM

So this was my second attempt at making a vegan/vege burger. I was really happy with the resulting flavours and textures, etc. But upon reflection there's still room for a few more tweaks to make it even better. Below is the recipe as accurately as I can get it, bearing in mind I was sort of going by feel a bit along the way. I'll post the video too, which might help.

Ingredients Burger Patty

150gms shredded raw veges (beetroot, carrot, broccoli)
100gms button mushrooms
75gms chopped walnuts
3 pieces dried tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 small onion grated, then moisture squeezed out in a cloth
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chia seeds/soaked in 2.5 tbsp water
1 tbsp coconut oil
3/4 cup par cooked split red lentils
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup breadcumbs

Ingredients Cheese Substitute

1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
2 smallish pieces roast sweet potato
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Method

Combine all patty ingredients in a processor, EXCEPT lentils, flour, and breadcrumbs. Combine lentils, flour, and breadcrumbs in to mix when finished being processed, then form in to four good sized patties. Refrigerate. Make "cheese" sauce by processing ingredients. Cook patties approximately five minutes per side (I just did so in a fry pan, but I think they would have stood up to a bbq/grill). Once cooked, make in to burgers with salad, etc, of choice with "cheese" sauce.

View: https://youtu.be/MCw5HLF-SW8

Last edited:
I can't work out why your video is not displaying in the above post. I tried adding it again with the same result... any idea why its not displaying SatNavSaysStraightOn?

This recipe looks tops! I was just thinking that shredded raw beetroot would be good in a vegan burger.

I can't work out why your video is not displaying in the above post. I tried adding it again with the same result... any idea why its not displaying SatNavSaysStraightOn?

This recipe looks tops! I was just thinking that shredded raw beetroot would be good in a vegan burger.

Thanks, just added two more ingredients I'd forgotten to list (garlic and coconut oil).

Edit: And I just reposted the link and now it's showing. It must have been something I did wrong the first time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom