my back went on the frittz yesterday

grumpyoldman

Local time
11:16 AM
i was moving some wood pellets that we heat our house with and screwed up my back again
getting old sucks !!!

i was moving some wood pellets that we heat our house with and screwed up my back again
getting old sucks !!!

I am 62. I have degenerative disk disorder, and mild stenosis in L4 and L5 vertebrae. My back goes out about once a year, which happened last Friday. It is not from doing something strenuous, it always happens as a result of doing something very routine. Last week, I dropped a pen on the floor, bent down to pick it up, and WHAM, it hit me.

Other times, it has happened tying my shoes, getting out of my car, and once, I was handing a credit card to a cashier, and my back seized up. The cashier was not expecting it, and I think she thought I was having a heart attack. :laugh:

It usually takes about three days to gradually feel normal, again. I have some heavy-duty pain killers, but they are an opioid, which scares me, so I don't take them unless I absolutely have to.

CD

i have had 5 surgery's on my lower back , the pain i am having is in my upper left thigh toward the front of my leg i still have some pain killers (Morhine ) left from before but so far they are'nt helping much . i need two more surgeries on my upper back but have decided not to have them done mainly because i'm just tired of operations

i have had 5 surgery's on my lower back , the pain i am having is in my upper left thigh toward the front of my leg i still have some pain killers (Morhine ) left from before but so far they are'nt helping much . i need two more surgeries on my upper back but have decided not to have them done mainly because i'm just tired of operations

I sometimes have pain shoot through my right hip and down my right leg (sciatic nerve), but not always.

I do not want to have surgery done, unless I have to. That is a last resort -- and my neurologist/neurosurgeon agrees.

CD

casey: sometimes you just don't have a choice but to have the surgery,
i always tell people that are having back/leg pain that when the pain get bad enough you will know its time for the operation but i don't blame anyone for putting it off as long as you can
like my upper back , i started having pain there about 30 years ago and i'm still putting it off

Back
Top Bottom