Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
11:13 PM
1593080494362.png
1593080534858.png
1593080577388.png
1593080622375.png

Pour water into plastic beaker. add spoons and freeze. Melt very good quality dark chocolate in a bowl over boiling water. Remove ice plug from plastic and coat with melted chocolate. Place on serving plate so it sets and sticks. gently remove plug, dry inside, place cube of Madeira cake in bottom, drizzle with brandy, whip cream to stiff peak, reserve half for piping and decoration. add brandy and marron glacee to other half and blob onto the cake cube, pipe on the whipped cream and decorate. Take your time if you like perfection.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a clever idea (using the ice as a mould). I added a Recipe prefix to your post.
Thank you, nothing is new I stole the idea for the pots many years ago. The fillings are anything that taste good in my head. framboise liqueur on the cake raspberries past through a sieve then added to the stiff peak and blobbed on the cake then pipe and decorate. Raspberries and bitter chocolate a marriage made in heaven.

I've considered doing something of the sort with chocolate. How well do you think it'd work if I freeze a cup, pour the chocolate inside, and then keep rotating by hand until the coat solidifies?

It would work. I used to coat the inside of of these parchment liners. Both methods are a pain compared to the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Splendid idea and you’re right, raspberries and bitter chocolate are a marriage made in Heaven.
Bookmarked for the next autumn. Making it now with this heat, would let intact only the mould

How well do you think it'd work if I freeze a cup, pour the chocolate inside, and then keep rotating by hand until the coat solidifies?
It would work.
Surely if you coat the inside of a cup it will be very difficult to get the chocolate shape out? I can see it would work with cupcake cases because you could peel off the paper.

Splendid idea and you’re right, raspberries and bitter chocolate are a marriage made in Heaven.
I make a spicy version using chili flavored chocolate, I drizzle the cake with Tequila, Blitz stem ginger in syrup and add to the whipped cream. Then pipe on the whipped cream and sprinkle a fine dice of crystallized ginger as decoration. It's a xxx adult pud.

Back
Top Bottom