my EDC chopsticks.

bburned

Local time
3:59 AM
As i got older, my eyesight required reading glasses. Now i carry a "man-bag". like all my bags, i tend to over carry stuff. small flashlight, mulittool, etc. i also carry titanium chopsticks (they might be fake titanium). At first, i wondered about the need to carry chopsticks. I am shocked how often i reach for them. i use them to push a sponge around a deep coffee thermos, coffee stir stick, and yes to eat with. cleaning them is easy. i just wipe them down with an anti-bacterial wipe that is now (thanks Covid) found on every desk in my office. i am not sure they are real titanium. they feel too heavy, but i love the heft. i wouldnt like them if they were etheral in weight.

today's lunch. and YES, i forgot my fork again. :) these are Keith Titanium Chopsticks i bought off of the A-zon.

sticks.jpg

As i got older, my eyesight required reading glasses. Now i carry a "man-bag". like all my bags, i tend to over carry stuff. small flashlight, mulittool, etc. i also carry titanium chopsticks (they might be fake titanium). At first, i wondered about the need to carry chopsticks. I am shocked how often i reach for them. i use them to push a sponge around a deep coffee thermos, coffee stir stick, and yes to eat with. cleaning them is easy. i just wipe them down with an anti-bacterial wipe that is now (thanks Covid) found on every desk in my office. i am not sure they are real titanium. they feel too heavy, but i love the heft. i wouldnt like them if they were etheral in weight.

today's lunch. and YES, i forgot my fork again. :) these are Keith Titanium Chopsticks i bought off of the A-zon.

View attachment 86599
As I got more into Korean food, I got a couple sets of metal chopsticks and although they (the Korean style) are too skinny for my tastes, I appreciate metal implements and never have to worry about them getting ruined in the dishwasher like my wooden chopsticks. So yeah, I totally get it!

my favorite chopsticks are the garden variety version made of bamboo. i can pick up an icecube usually.

the metal ones are very close. textured at the ends for extra grip.

What does the EDC mean/stand for? I'd never heard of that (nor titanium chopsticks).
sorry. in the USA, there is a large segment of the population obsessed with things like pocket knives, tiny flashlights, tiny pens, that they carry everyday. they do these "pocket dumps" on youtube to highlight what you are carrying.

i am not like that, really. they coined the term "everyday carry" or EDC. i live in earthquake land. a flashlight is just plain smart. :)

EDC = Every Day Carry
sorry. in the USA, there is a large segment of the population obsessed with things like pocket knives, tiny flashlights, tiny pens, that they carry everyday. they do these "pocket dumps" on youtube to highlight what you are carrying.

i am not like that, really. they coined the term "everyday carry" or EDC. i live in earthquake land. a flashlight is just plain smart. :)

I learned something!

If we have power outages at night my wife immediately reaches for her handphone which has a torch. I'm guessing that mine does also (same make) but I haven't a clue how to turn it on.

Back
Top Bottom