My favorite Chippy please add yours

Haha, I'm in the US, so mine is Long John Silver's!

https://www.ljsilvers.com/
Long John Silver's - Wikipedia
Booo! The best chain restaurant for Fish and Chips in the States is Arthur Treacher's. Unfortunately, people in Michigan seem to have lost interest in them, so there aren't any here anymore. But, there's one in Cleveland. No excuses, TastyReuben!

Seriously, the crunch of the coating is perfect, even if the fish itself wasn't as fresh as I'd prefer (I can't expect a fast food-type place to get freshly caught fish every day). Still, not bad. And, look: there's the British flag, so it must be authentic:

24265538-standard.jpg

Booo! The best chain restaurant for Fish and Chips in the States is Arthur Treacher's. Unfortunately, people in Michigan seem to have lost interest in them, so there aren't any here anymore. But, there's one in Cleveland. No excuses, TastyReuben!

Seriously, the crunch of the coating is perfect, even if the fish itself wasn't as fresh as I'd prefer (I can't expect a fast food-type place to get freshly caught fish every day). Still, not bad. And, look: there's the British flag, so it must be authentic:

View attachment 44192
When I was growing up, there was one around here, long before we ever saw an LJS.

The last one I saw was in a Dayton shopping mall food court in...1986. I thought they'd gone out of business long ago.

When I was growing up, there was one around here, long before we ever saw an LJS.

The last one I saw was in a Dayton shopping mall food court in...1986. I thought they'd gone out of business long ago.
Apparently, there are 3 in Ohio: Cleveland (the original location), Cuyahoga Falls, and Youngstown. That's 3 out of the estimated 7 (total) still in operation as of late 2019. No idea of those are still in operation...this is not a good time to be a struggling restaurant. In the late 70s, they had about 800 stores. :(

Back
Top Bottom