My favourite Aubergine/Eggplant recipe

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:25 PM
Well, actually, I'm not going to tell you straight away. :laugh: You see, there are less than 48 hours left for the
The CookingBites Recipe Challenge (for which I'm the current judge) and for which the chosen ingredient is aubergine/eggplant. If someone was to post this recipe, then they would probably win! Oh yes!

So, I've compiled a a few cryptic crossword style clues. The first is a clue to the chef who created the recipe.

Wok king involved in making chicken, homestyle.

Well, actually, I'm not going to tell you straight away. :laugh: You see, there are less than 48 hours left for the
The CookingBites Recipe Challenge (for which I'm the current judge) and for which the chosen ingredient is aubergine/eggplant. If someone was to post this recipe, then they would probably win! Oh yes!

So, I've compiled a a few cryptic crossword style clues. The first is a clue to the chef who created the recipe.

http://wokking.ie/

I really want to join but my recipe is not complete so I have to consult with my husband because I do not want to post a bad recipe. Eggplant here is mostly as garnishings like salad (that we had last weekend) or plain ingredient of vegetable dishes together with squash and other tropical vegetables. I hope I can post before the deadline. Sorry because we are so busy these days since we have a trip on Friday to Singapore.

OK. Nobody is interested in solving cryptic clues (except @Duck59 who I'm understanding has solved both :happy:).

Here are the solutions:

The 1st clue was to the Chef:
The answer is Ken Hom. 'Wok king' refers to Ken Hom's status (he is known as the Wok King). 'involved in making' indicates the name of the chef can be found embedded in the following words: 'chicken homestyle'. See? Easy.

The 2nd clue was to the recipe:
Confused aged brain is busy with recipes for my favourite dish.
The answer is 'Braised Spicy Aubergines'. 'Confused' in the clue indicates that the following words are going to make up an anagram: 'aged brain is busy' with 'recipes'.
If you rearrange the letters of 'aged brain is busy' with 'recipes' you will find you can create 'Braised Spicy Aubergines' which is 'my favourite dish'! Not such an easy one but I was quite pleased with it! :D

But that wasn't the answer!
What was this then?
OK. Nobody is interested in solving cryptic clues (except @Duck59 who I'm understanding has solved both :happy:).

Here are the solutions:

The 1st clue was to the Chef:
The answer is Ken Hom. 'Wok king' refers to Ken Hom's status (he is known as the Wok King). 'involved in making' indicates the name of the chef can be found embedded in the following words: 'chicken homestyle'. See? Easy. :D

Back
Top Bottom