Recipe My first lemon drizzle

Scott-180

Local time
3:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share my first lemon drizzle cake attempt with you.

Now, before I start, I must confess that, despite being in my 30's, I was actually supervised throughout by my mum!
lol.gif
I did everything myself but in the interests of transparency, I must disclose that she gave close supervision for the duration of the procedure.
neutral.gif

I suggested piercing the cake several times in order to let the juice soak into the cake but this was swiftly and sternly vetoed by my mum. I attempted to stand my ground on this and a small argument ensued but in the end, I bowed to her superior knowledge and duly backed down. ( I think I will try it next time).

Ingredients

• 4oz of margarine
  • 6oz of sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 6oz of self raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • The zest of 1 lemon
  • Juice of two lemons plus sugar
Method
  1. Heat the oven to 160℃ (320℉)
  2. Cream the margarine and sugar together.
  3. Add the eggs, flour, milk, zest of lemon and baking powder. Mix together until smooth.
  4. Pour the mix into a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
  5. Bake for 30 mins
  6. Mix the lemon juice with enough sugar to create a sweet, lemony sludge.
  7. Pour over the cake whilst it is still in the tin.

full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Scott-180 - this cake looks fantastic and delightfully fluffy. What you have written constitutes a recipe so I will reformat it slightly to read as a recipe and Prefix the title with 'Recipe'. This will make it more 'searchable'. :okay: Great stuff. We are short on cake and dessert recipes on the forum so as @Wandering Bob has said - more like this please!

@Scott-180: this looks terrific...you have a very good mentor! And, please do tell us how it went if you decide to redo the recipe with a lemon juice soak as you suggested. Experimenting with different techniques is a great way to discover new things...as well as a way to discover why not to do things a certain way. It sounds like your idea would have made the cake more in-your-face lemony, and moister, which sounds great to me.

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share my first lemon drizzle cake attempt with you.

Now, before I start, I must confess that, despite being in my 30's, I was actually supervised throughout by my mum!
lol.gif
I did everything myself but in the interests of transparency, I must disclose that she gave close supervision for the duration of the procedure.
neutral.gif

I suggested piercing the cake several times in order to let the juice soak into the cake but this was swiftly and sternly vetoed by my mum. I attempted to stand my ground on this and a small argument ensued but in the end, I bowed to her superior knowledge and duly backed down. ( I think I will try it next time).

Ingredients

• 4oz of margarine
  • 6oz of sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 6oz of self raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • The zest of 1 lemon
  • Juice of two lemons plus sugar
Method
  1. Heat the oven to 160℃ (320℉)
  2. Cream the margarine and sugar together.
  3. Add the eggs, flour, milk, zest of lemon and baking powder. Mix together until smooth.
  4. Pour the mix into a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
  5. Bake for 30 mins
  6. Mix the lemon juice with enough sugar to create a sweet, lemony sludge.
  7. Pour over the cake whilst it is still in the tin.

full.jpg

Looks GOOD!! I might want to try that!! Looks like a small cake, which would be right for me!! :wink:

@Scott-180 - this cake looks fantastic and delightfully fluffy. What you have written constitutes a recipe so I will reformat it slightly to read as a recipe and Prefix the title with 'Recipe'. This will make it more 'searchable'. :okay: Great stuff. We are short on cake and dessert recipes on the forum so as @Wandering Bob has said - more like this please!
Sorry about that, I'm still getting used to how things work here so thanks for the pointer!

Back
Top Bottom