My garlic butter... A few tips?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:12 AM
i make this all the time. I have a friend who grows garlic and gives me about 6 big plaits of it every year. The first thing I do is break up the cloves and freeze. The reason is if you use fresh garlic in butter it will go mouldy after about 7 to 10 days. I know from experience. Freezing then thawing and making garlic butter will keep for at least 6 weeks, we use before then. I use half pound of butter about 3 tablespoons of virgin oil, this helps it keep softer. 1 tablespoon parsley, I use fresh dried parsley from our garden, and I flatten the garlic with back of a knife with a few grinds of salt, then chop the garlic, combine. Voila... Garlic butter.

When I make garlic bread I use a twist, and it's real yummy, all my grandkids line up for it when they see it in the oven.grill one side then turn, add butter, heat through (grill) then add a drizzle of sweet chilly sauce and a little bit of grated cheese, then reheat until bubbling. You have to try to believe.
Ps, freezing stops the green bit in the middle growing as well, this I was told is the bit that gives you indigestion.

Russ

Interesting. Thank you. I bought a bag of frozen garlic cloves once. You've just reminded me. It was really useful. I will freeze fresh now you have suggested.

Interesting. Thank you. I bought a bag of frozen garlic cloves once. You've just reminded me. It was really useful. I will freeze fresh now you have suggested.

I couldn't tell you when I bought fresh garlic, I use a lot of it. Hope you try the bread the way I do.

Russ

Are you freezing them peeled? Peeled and chopped?

I break cloves off and freeze skin on and whole. When I need some I take a handful out and put in a glas with hot water to soften. Then skin and crush then chop. I have 2 litre containers full of them. 2 full currently but my man is due to deliver more as his crop was running late.

Russ

I'm still struggling with gluten free bread that is not flat bread, but I will certainly try.
I couldn't live without bread, I love a good sammich. Wife doesn't have much bread due to her watching her figure. But when she does its whole meal.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom