Recipe My new favorite breakfast for work!

coffee

Veteran
Local time
11:30 AM
A super healthy parfait.

It's easy, filling, and healthy. I love that I can prep it the night before.

I grab a glass container (you could use a mason jar too) and put in the following:

vanilla yogurt
old fashioned rolled oats
chia seeds

I stir these things together and add some sliced bananas to the top. (I will be trying frozen berries today, because as they defrost overnight they give off a "sauce") Then it goes in the fridge until morning. By the time I get to work it's ready to eat.

Having the oats soak overnight allows them to get soft without the need to cook them first. I find that I can eat bananas past my desired phase of ripeness this way.

This week I am going to try frozen berries, coconut flakes, and maybe some flax.

I had this kind of breakfast that I had been doing for a couple of years already. They said that it is best to eat fruits and vegetables in the morning on an empty stomach to absorb its nutrients, That is why I had this blending of...apple, kiwi, grapes carrot, and cucumber in the right proportion making a one glass drink out of it and this is my breakfast everyday and it really works for me because it had been years that I am healthy and feeling great to always begin my day with energy to do my responsibilities everyday.

Sounds very healthy and delicious. Definitely going to try it out. Thanks for the idea.

I feel eggs are the perfect breakfast food since they pretty much contain all the good nutrients that your body needs. A good old vegetable omelette with maybe a little bit of ham/bacon if you love meat is probably the best healthy breakfast food.

I like to make a mushroom and spinach egg treat in a coffee mug and cooked in a microwave. Its a terrific breakfast or lunch and gives me a break from oatmeal.

A super healthy parfait.

When I read things like this that sound good and a lot more healthy than I usually eat for breakfast, I *so* wish my tummy would be able to tolerate yogurt... but I just simply can't eat it. :( Is there anything that you think could be used as a substitute for the yogurt?

I think I'd try to use both strawberries and bananas if I could eat this.

What are the nutritional benefits of chia seeds and where do you buy yours?

I like to make a mushroom and spinach egg treat in a coffee mug and cooked in a microwave. Its a terrific breakfast or lunch and gives me a break from oatmeal.

Could I beg this recipe/method from you, firelily99? I've seen a few recipes of things that get microwaved in a mug and they sound like fun.

This one sounds a lot healthier than the one for chocolate cake I saw recently! :laugh:

When I read things like this that sound good and a lot more healthy than I usually eat for breakfast, I *so* wish my tummy would be able to tolerate yogurt... but I just simply can't eat it. :( Is there anything that you think could be used as a substitute for the yogurt?

I think I'd try to use both strawberries and bananas if I could eat this.

What are the nutritional benefits of chia seeds and where do you buy yours?

You don't need to use yogurt or any milk product. Just use any pure fruit juice instead. This will be absorbed by the oats and make it nice and moist and tasty. I prefer to use apple juice when I make this sort of breakfast, but any natural fruit juice that comes in a carton can be used, or make your own if you have a juicer.

Back
Top Bottom