Recipe My roasted potatoes

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
7:10 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
As this is a favorite dish of mine I make at least once a week, I shall share it's secrets with you for the October potato challenge. Hope you enjoy them!

Ingredients you need for 2 servings:
500 grams roasting potatoes. Raw.
3 table spoons duck or goose fat
2 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
3 peeled and grated garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Black pepper and sea salt to taste
Olive oil for an extra crisp result

Peel the potatoes or wash them thoroughly and make sure the eyes and other imperfections are removed. Cut into 2 cm sized cubes or roughly something that resembles the photo. Do not make the pieces too big either way. Put the cut potatoes in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, paprika, cayenne, rosemary, oregano, garlic, black pepper and sea salt to taste until all pieces are equally covered.
Transfer to a baking tin lined with baking paper to prevent sticking. Try to make sure the pieces don't cover each other for the best result. Then divide the goose fat over the tray, I usually just put a piece near the top, in the middle, and near the bottom.
Put the tray into a 220 degree celcius preheated oven on hot air, and roast for 25 minutes. Then turn the pieces of potato around manually, and turn the oven down to 175 degrees. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until golden.

How wonderful - goose or duck fat (of course). And they are also tossed in olive oil (its not on the ingredient list but is in the instructions) plus herbs and spices. They look delicious.

How wonderful - goose or duck fat (of course). And they are also tossed in olive oil (its not on the ingredient list but is in the instructions) plus herbs and spices. They look delicious.

Sorry read it again, it is in the instructions. I said to use it when tossing the spices to give an even coat.

And I know there's a lot of fat in here, but it's not claiming to be a very healthy recipe. It's very tasty though :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom