Recipe My two or three times a week basic loaf

Roger Burton

Local time
3:05 AM
Website
www.rogerburton.co.uk
Thought I'd share this as it's a really easy way to get a loaf in little time if you have a mixer, add 375g flour, 5g instant yeast, 220ml water, 1 dessert spoon honey and 2 of oil, 1 tsp salt, mix all. It often clumps around the hook so I stop every couple of minutes to scrape it all into a mound in the bowl and turn on again, total time I guess around 15 minutes (whilst I make the tea) then cover and put somewhere warm for an hour or two then into the tin, I let it rise again, maybe 45 minutes then into the oven 180c, for half an hour. It's pretty 'hands-off' and foolproof. I make a wholemeal seeded version for my wife and other types of loaf french sticks etc but this is the easy regular one.

It looks good - I like the step by step photos. I think my basic loaf is similar but I don't use honey or oil. And as I always knead by hand - mainly because I enjoy doing it but also because I don't own a mixer.

I so often try to persuade people that basic bread making is quite easy. I love the way your recipe & photos 'prove' it (forgive the the pun!).

Back
Top Bottom