Naan bread

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
7:44 AM
I recently tried Naan bread for the first time and have fallen in love with the stuff. I eat mine plain, but can see many different uses for it. How do you eat your naan?

I also love naan bread but the traditional ones are made with live yogurt to make them rise and sadlyi can't have dairy anymore. But it is possible to make your own using yeast which I do from time to time and cook them in an oven or on my tawa (Indian griddle). But I tend to make chapatti more often because they are easier to make, already dairy free and use wholemeal flour rather than plain white flour.

I can happily eat them as they are, with nigella seeds on them, or use them as a spoon when eating a dahl or other Indian meal.

Perfect for mopping up runny korma sauce. For a real treat, I'll order a peshwari naan, filled with coconut.

I like plain naan with black onion seeds and naan with garlic and coriander. Both of them are good for dipping into an Indian curry. I always heat naan bread before serving, so it is soft and tearable. I can eat pashwari naan on its own as a snack. Usually it's too filling to be part of a meal.

I am going to try making my own naan bread as it seems easy enough to make. I have a friend from India, so I will probaby ask her to help me for the first time. I want it to be as authentic as possible.

I love naan bread, with peshwari being a particular favourite! I have tried making them at home but they never turn out half as good as the ones from my local takeaway. There's been occasions when I've cooked a curry at home and sent OH out to the takeaway just for naans.

I usually only have naan when eating out in an Indian restaurant, so I have it on the side of my food and it often becomes a utensil, lol, as I use it in my left hand in place of my knife. As mentioned above, it's also good for getting up the rest of the sauce left on your plate. One of these days I am going to make it at home.

naan bread is awesome. I wish I could have it more, unfortunately they don't really sell it here and I'm too lazy to make it myself. My favorite way to eat it is the classic naan+curry combo, especially seafood curry. Pretty much anything with a flavorful sauce would do though

Back
Top Bottom