Name your most used cook book?

Fiorabelle

Veteran
Local time
2:55 AM
If you still use traditional cook books, what is the cook book you've used the most?

I have a local church cookbook I bought as their fundraising project. I use it quite a not.

The cook books I use the most are as follows... (sorry there are quite a few of them :D but any book that is not used regularly does not survive my kitchen)

I do not really use cook books very often. But I do have one Christmas book that I have kept for years that has a couple of really great cookie recipes in it. So good, in fact, that I can't bear to part with the book!

Actually I use my old issues of Cooking Light magazine more than anything and occasionally my mom's old red and white checked Betty Crocker. I'm not a real recipe person so I don't use the books often.

Does Pinterest count as a cookbook? :) That's where I get most of my recipes. Sometimes, I will even hunt down a recipe online that I originally found in a book. Its easier to have my small phone in my kitchen rather than a thick book. That might change when I actually have a kitchen with space. Right now, I'm very limited.

All that being said, my favorite cookbooks are Ree Drummond's. I mainly bought them because I am a big fan but there are great recipes in them that I have made several times. Same goes for Trisha Yearwood's cookbooks. When we buy a house, I hope to expand my cookbook collection a bit further and actually start using them.

I think Pinterest should definitely count as a cookbook!

With that being said, more 'traditional' ones that I use are Granny's Homemade Recipes, which is a great little pocket sized one. Takeaway Secrets and More Takeaway secrets, because I'm a fiend for takeaway, but it's so expensive, but better than that, the guy spent years trying to recreate his favourite takeaway foods because of his mental illness, so he's got replicating them down to a fine art!

Who on earth is Glada when she's at home?

Giada de Laurentis is an Italian chef on the Food Network. I personally don't care for her as her personality really rubs me the wrong way. I can't deny that some of her dishes look really good when I do happen to catch the end of one of her episodes.

Giada de Laurentis is an Italian chef on the Food Network. I personally don't care for her as her personality really rubs me the wrong way. I can't deny that some of her dishes look really good when I do happen to catch the end of one of her episodes.
Ahh yeah I know a few chefs like that. Not very nice people, but their cooking speaks for itself

Back
Top Bottom