National Lobster Day!

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
4:24 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
So June 15 is National Lobster Day!

national_lobster_day.jpg

I've never actually tried lobster before, but everyone raves about how much of an amazing delicacy it is -- I often hear people saying their dream meals at restaurants involve lobster - it just seems to be a big food love for people!

Have you tried lobster?
Do you know any good recipes for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't realize we had a national day for this either haha! I'm behind times.

It's a very sweet/white meat. It's almost sickeningly sweet, even without butter/sauces. It's not bad at all, very fluffy and easy to chomp down on. It almost tastes very similar to crab and other crustaceans if done right.

Here's a list of some recipes I follow still to this day:

http://www.saveur.com/article/-/Fresh-Lobster-Recipes

I find that making your own butter sauce is imperative as well. It will properly season/tender the meat as it cooks. Also, be prepared with lots of napkins. It's a messy meal just like Spare Ribs and things of that nature.

the cost of even the raw product has gone to high in the uk now,the small lobsters to me are to small to meet peoples expectations which are as high as the price of the lobster,
I was lucky a few years ago i would dive and collect them,band there claws and then surface them
to me the crustacean should be eaten just cooked in a court boullion ,and served with a salad and new potatoes
or the good old thermador sauce

I had been to the province of Batanes last weekend for a short vacation. Their trademark seafood is lobster. Although expensive at $40 per kilo, I sampled it just for the sake of sampling. It's good, just like prawns. What a surprise when I got home. Lobsters here costs much less than that $40, huh. Quite surprising, really.

Back
Top Bottom