Need a recipe for lamb chops

MrMajeika

Local time
1:36 PM
Cooking a valentine's dinner and thinking to make lamb chops. Not sure what do do with them maybe marinate with some garlic and herbs and then grill them. Any ideas what to serve with them to make it a bit fancier? Maybe some sort of sauce but not sure what. And a nice way to serve it rather than just sticking some potatoes and veg on the plate

Good to see you planning well in advance. :wink:

Lamb chops take a marinade very well. They can handle strong herbs like rosemary, too. I cook them on a regular basis.

Now, as for cooking, by "grilled," do you mean on a charcoal/gas grill outdoors, or under what we Yanks refer to as a broiler? Both will work.

The key is to use high heat, for a hot-and-fast cook. You want rare to medium rare inside, with a good char on the outside.

Here are some I made a while back. They are a really easy and quick protein to cook. They present well, too.

Chops001.jpg

LamChops3-19.jpg

CD

Are you using the chops like MG or the frenched "lollipop" chops? Either one, I use some EVOO with some minced garlic and fresh rosemary (not too much) mixed together and slathered on salt and peppered chops about 30 minutes before grilling. If you are using the lollipops, you can stand them upright in a mound of mashed root veges with the bones crossed for a pretty presentation.

Are you using the chops like MG or the frenched "lollipop" chops? Either one, I use some EVOO with some minced garlic and fresh rosemary (not too much) mixed together and slathered on salt and peppered chops about 30 minutes before grilling. If you are using the lollipops, you can stand them upright in a mound of mashed root veges with the bones crossed for a pretty presentation.
These are the ones I am using. Yeah I thought to stand them up and serve with maybe some sauteed potatoes and form of veg. Would it be nice to have a bit of sauce. I saw a recipe for a shallot and red wine sauce

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you planning well in advance. :wink:

Lamb chops take a marinade very well. They can handle strong herbs like rosemary, too. I cook them on a regular basis.

Now, as for cooking, by "grilled," do you mean on a charcoal/gas grill outdoors, or under what we Yanks refer to as a broiler? Both will work.

The key is to use high heat, for a hot-and-fast cook. You want rare to medium rare inside, with a good char on the outside.

Here are some I made a while back. They are a really easy and quick protein to cook. They present well, too.

View attachment 37689

View attachment 37690

CD

Those are the best looking chops from a murican I've ever seen. You did them justice. My wife's fave is that cut of meat the mid loin chop. Ours normally come with the tail which is meat and fatty skin. Wife's fave is tandoori lamb cutlets. By a street!!

Russ

Those are the best looking chops from a murican I've ever seen. You did them justice. My wife's fave is that cut of meat the mid loin chop. Ours normally come with the tail which is meat and fatty skin. Wife's fave is tandoori lamb cutlets. By a street!!

Russ

MrMajeika is in the UK - if you look beneath members' avatars (pictures) you can see their location. The chops also have a Union Jack bottom left of photo!

Back
Top Bottom