Need food (or food related) gift ideas $20-$25

mjd

Veteran
Local time
11:37 AM
I have a daughter and a son. I try to buy things for them equally (one doesn't get more than the other). I bought my daughter a sushi kit because she loves sushi. My son wants no part of that so I'm trying to find a comparable food related gift for him. It would be in the $20-$25 range to keep things even. He's 13.

Edited to add: He likes pizza, lasagna and spaghetti. He also likes pepperoni and bacon.

Edited to add 2: It does not have to be some form of food. Food related is fine as the sushi kit a board, two ceramic dishes and two sets of chopsticks.

I probably won't get to see them until after the new year so it's okay if I have to wait for it to arrive here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I think we need to ask what kind of food your son likes?

My youngest son (actually he is now 30!) likes charcuterie sausages and I've bought him a quite expensive aged gourmet Italian sausage as one of his Christmas presents. It keeps well so he can just slice pieces off whenever he fancies.

I think we need to ask what kind of food your son likes!

My youngest son (actually he is now 30!) likes charcuterie sausages and I've bought him a quite expensive aged gourmet Italian sausage as one of his Christmas presents. It keeps well so he can just slice pieces off whenever he fancies.

Good point! I call him "My little Garfield" because he LOVES pizza, lasagna and spaghetti. He likes bacon and pepperoni too.

I'll edit my original post to include that. Thanks!

I think he might like the flavor of 'Nduja (the Italian spicy, spreadable pork sausage/salami sold in cans and vacuum packages). Most 'Nduja products can be stored at room temperature.

If you go to Amazon and search for "pizza kit" and limit the search to $20 to $30 (on left side), there are a couple of pizza making kits for $30, which ship free if you have Prime or can sign up for a free trial. There is also some supposedly italian dough mix in your price range. I didn't look at it, just saw in the search results. You could also buy him some gift certificates for his favorite pizza place.

We love nduja, especially Craig, but it's really spicy, so ...

Does he like to cook/bake? You could build him out a little pizza gift basket, like maybe a stone, a pizza wheel, and a dry dough mix, and a jar of sauce, throw in a pizza-themed apron, or a peel...you could go as big or as small as you want.

Does he like to cook/bake? You could build him out a little pizza gift basket, like maybe a stone, a pizza wheel, and a dry dough mix, and a jar of sauce, throw in a pizza-themed apron, or a peel...you could go as big or as small as you want.

That's an idea. I will have to ask my ex.

I'm sad to tell you that I don't ever get updates or information on the kids which is why I'm lost on ideas. My daughter just mentioned in passing that she likes sushi and her brother hates it. Otherwise, I'm left in the dark. Let's just say that my ex doesn't treat me the way I treated him when the kids lived with me. I NEVER excluded him from our lives no matter how awful he was to me.

If you buy off eBay, make sure you check reputation and make sure it isn't coming from China.

I will. I try to avoid that site if I can. I have a bad taste from years ago when I was selling. Apparently, their CEO and investigation department are completely okay with people selling inappropriate (and illegal) items. I stopped selling/buying there in protest. But, thanks for the heads-up.

Be cautious of delivery times right now, if you order something to ship to them. The spike in COVID19 has shippers in a dilemma where many of their employees have booked, both for the Holidays and out of fear of the virus. I have a simple delivery from the New York area that has been showing up "Will be arriving late" for three days now.

I hope your kids live close enough to you that you can visit your gifts on them, with caution of course.

Be cautious of delivery times right now, if you order something to ship to them. The spike in COVID19 has shippers in a dilemma where many of their employees have booked, both for the Holidays and out of fear of the virus. I have a simple delivery from the New York area that has been showing up "Will be arriving late" for three days now.

I hope your kids live close enough to you that you can visit your gifts on them, with caution of course.
I know that's true. We've been hearing that deliveries may be affected by Covid since this all started, but everything's been fine up until last week. Now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting on some (nonessential, thank goodness) meds to arrive. Should have been here last week.

I know that's true. We've been hearing that deliveries may be affected by Covid since this all started, but everything's been fine up until last week. Now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting on some (nonessential, thank goodness) meds to arrive. Should have been here last week.

The delivery I am waiting for is non-essential.

I think the OP should give the kids gift cards and let 'em make up their own minds. The choice of what gift card is a consideration. But you can mail a gift card by regular post - or possibly as a web transaction.

Back
Top Bottom