Need recipe to use salmon IN a dish

Jessi

Veteran
Local time
8:23 AM
So I love salmon and I know how to cook it just fine on its own with side dishes.

What I need, however, is a dish to put salmon *in.* As in, it shouldn't be a solid filet that stands by itself, but rather, the salmon would need to be sliced or flaked or separated in some way and incorporated into a dish. This isn't how I normally prepare it at all, so I'm kinda at a loss.

I have made a sort of salmon paté with a little cream cheese and chives. I wrapped it in a sole fillet before cooking for a dish I was making. This could be used as a filling for almost anything or, if you have smoked salmon, it could be a spread for crackers of something like that.

I've got this recipe, it's a baked cauliflower, cheese and salmon dish. You have to use cooked and flaked salmon in it:

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F.

2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then add the cauliflower and cook for two minutes.

3. Drain and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.

4. Place the butter and flour into a saucepan and heat to melt the butter.

5. Cook, stirring for one to two minutes until lightly golden.

6. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth sauce.

7. Return to the heat and simmer for two to three minutes.

8. Remove from the heat and beat in the egg yolks, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.

9. Season with salt and pepper and flake the salmon into the sauce, stirring carefully.

10. Pour over the cauliflower and top with the grated cheeses.

11. Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
The sauce has a cheesy, roux-like consistency and is actually very flavorful. I hope this is what you have been looking for.

Salmon pie, fish soup, or using salmon as a part of a creamy pasta sauce. Never actually tried the last one, it's just something I thought about and I guess it could work quite well.

I like salmon cakes! They're really tasty and I usually make them when friends come over. They're a great step up from tuna cakes and some of my friends prefer them because they don't taste so fishy.

Back
Top Bottom