Nest egg

imagenscape

Veteran
Local time
6:05 PM
This is one of my go to breakfast recipes.

First- you cut a small circle out of a piece of bread. I use one of my children's cups to punch the hole out. Then you butter the piece of bread and toast it on a hot skillet. Next you crack an egg in the whole in the bread and fry it.
I always toast the little circle that came off the bread to then I sprinkle cinnamon over the bread.

If I wake up in a cooking mood I cook bacon with it as well.

I tried this many times and always ended up with blackened bread before the egg white was done enough to be tolerable. What is your secret to avoiding burning the bread?

For some reason, I can't perfect this recipe. I just end up wasting bread and egg. :( Can you share tips on how I can possibly perfect the egg/bread frying part?

One thing you can try is to fry the egg a bit before you add it to the bread in a different pan, and then when it is almost done flip it over into the little hole on the toast. That was how I did it when I first started. Other then that it just takes some practice and time to know how to do everything. Also make sure that the pan dose not get to hot, and place the egg right in there as soon as the bread hits the pan if your cooking them together.

Back
Top Bottom