New £5 note scare for vegans.

I'm beginning to wonder whether there are crowds of disgruntled vegans throwing away their five pound notes. I have now found no less than three fivers - all of the new 'plastic' type - lying on pavements in the past six weeks.

Bizarre coincidence or something else? Conspiracy theorists apply here...

I'm beginning to wonder whether there are crowds of disgruntled vegans throwing away their five pound notes. I have now found no less than three fivers - all of the new 'plastic' type - lying on pavements in the past six weeks.

Bizarre coincidence or something else? Conspiracy theorists apply here...
My son found one the other day. Apparently its happening a lot because they are slippery and come out of pockets easily.

Aha.

I did discover the usefulness of the waterproofing because I found the second of the three on a very wet day. An old-fashioned fiver would have been turned to mulch under the conditions. This one, I simply wiped down and pocketed before repairing to The Mallard Tavern to invest it.

Anybody with any surplus fivers they don't want can post them to me - it's a hell of a job but I'll force myself
There's the fake one's out now to worry about. They've finally admitted to the fact.

Apparently its happening a lot because they are slippery and come out of pockets easily.
Not mine - the only problem is working out how to get more of them in there in the first place.
As for credit cards I can understand many small businesses not wanting to use them - they are charged quite a percentage on every transaction.

Back
Top Bottom