New Double Boiler!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:01 PM
Bought a new double boiler. This one sits on top of one of the existing pots. The glass lid can be used as a cover for the insert. The wedges help keep the insert from tipping over & spilling the contents. The Visions one is too expensive!!
This one also features a nonstick coating inside & out for easy cleanup!

Last edited:
First time that I've seen it also! Got it from Amazon! :wink:

Last edited:
I did my own Do It Yourself Double Boiler. All I needed was a little grate to stand up the pot or bowl in the water.

full.png

I needed a Double Boiler for only the 2nd time in my life, to make home made Chocolate Bars. I'll post more on that later after the Chocolate Bars I did this morning set and I can get a photo of one.

I just use a glass or stainless bowl. Those too can sit on a varity of pot sizes with no issue. I can't imagine all those ridges being a big hep when you have to keep something moving with a whisk, I'd think whatever you were cooking would get caught in there and cook. Maybe they aren't as deep as they appear in the top pic. Let us know ho you make out!

I did my own Do It Yourself Double Boiler. All I needed was a little grate to stand up the pot or bowl in the water.

View attachment 56766

I needed a Double Boiler for only the 2nd time in my life, to make home made Chocolate Bars. I'll post more on that later after the Chocolate Bars I did this morning set and I can get a photo of one.

Very clever, my friend!! Hah!!

I just use a glass or stainless bowl. Those too can sit on a varity of pot sizes with no issue. I can't imagine all those ridges being a big hep when you have to keep something moving with a whisk, I'd think whatever you were cooking would get caught in there and cook. Maybe they aren't as deep as they appear in the top pic. Let us know ho you make out!

Those ridges are under the bowl, supporting it from the bottom of the pan. They are no problem and there is no chance that food will get caught on them.

Back
Top Bottom