The Red 'Unread' Media Number

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
4:08 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
It has been commented on that some are finding the number annoying. I am trying to encourage people to use the media gallery more than it has been in the past. As such this annoying red number is now coming up to highlight the number of unread media (aka images) there are in the media gallery since your last visit there.

The good news is that you don't have to look at each and every single media item to reduce the number to zero and turn off the red box. The idea is that you do look at some of these images and rate them, comment on them and generally treat them the same way as you would any other "New Post". They are exactly that.

I am hoping that members will use the media gallery in much the same way as the main forum. The idea behind the media gallery is that an image is only uploaded once onto the site, into its relevant category, and a new album made for each recipe, but I'll cover that in more how to guides in the next coming months as we all get to know the gallery.

So how to turn off the number? Just like the unread posts option, there is a mark all read option. Every forum has one and the media gallery is no different.
  • Simply click on the red button and access the media gallery

1568952678984.png

• Click on any of the buttons marked "Mark Viewed" or "mark Media Viewed" and you'll get the familiar confirmation box.

1568952731121.png

• Click on the obvious option and the number will be reset to zero until someone else uploads new media to the media gallery.

Back
Top Bottom