New Kitchen Toys (2023)

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
10:58 PM
nc_ohc=va5YbjKQJIsAX-3rvNB&_nc_ht=scontent.flis8-2.jpg

Bought some new (secondhand) cookie canisters from Tupperware.

That lid really seals tightly! I watched dozens of Youtube videos trying to figure out how to close it, attempted to close it 27474 times, both canisters and lids flew all over the kitchen a couple times, and I was ready to dismiss the lids as faulty and resell the canisters again, until my boyfriend figured it out. You have to push the lid really strongly down into the canister, and it closes really tight. You need some strength to open it too :laugh: But it seals really well and hopefully that will help my cookies last a long time!

View attachment 95561

That lid really seals tightly! I watched dozens of Youtube videos trying to figure out how to close it, attempted to close it 27474 times, both canisters and lids flew all over the kitchen a couple times, and I was ready to dismiss the lids as faulty and resell the canisters again, until my boyfriend figured it out. You have to push the lid really strongly down into the canister, and it closes really tight. You need some strength to open it too :laugh: But it seals really well and hopefully that will help my cookies last a long time!
Those are really cute.

Tupperware used to advertise/instruct how to “burp” their container lids in order to get the best possible seal, but I don’t think that’s the case any longer (though that’s still how I put any plastic container lid on).

Those are really cute.

Tupperware used to advertise/instruct how to “burp” their container lids in order to get the best possible seal, but I don’t think that’s the case any longer (though that’s still how I put any plastic container lid on).
Yes, these ones have a specific way of closing too, which is to start with the opposing corners, and then close it all the way around. But the lid has kind of a "lip" that must sit on the outside of the container and you need to push the lid down really strong for the lip to properly fit tightly. Their round containers are easier to close btw.

View attachment 95561

So cute!!!! :whistling:

And I also got a secondhand Tupperware microwave rice cooker. This thing is awesome! It cooks rice the way I like it (simple, just water and rice with no olive oil, no sautéing, no fat, etc) so much better than I do on the stovetop, and so much faster! I can't believe I didn't get this sooner! 😱
received_722785615899807.jpeg

(Nevermind the WD-40,I promise it's not part of the recipe :laugh:

View attachment 95561

Do you know how to "burp" your Tupperware?

CD

I'd get that, but I already have THIS!!!! :whistling:
View attachment 95568

My ex-wife collected cookie jars -- one of the dozen or so things she collected. We had one whole bedroom called "The Bear Room," because it was full of collectable Teddy Bears. :facepalm:

At least the cookie jars were out of the way. They were on top of the upper kitchen cabinets.

CD

We still have 1 Tupperware container. Collectors item????

Russ

We have a large collection of various containers but these "Superlock" ones are our current favourites.

They come in a number of sizes with both plastic and glass bases.

This is the largest of which I'm aware. We use this for rice.

We have a large collection of various containers but these "Superlock" ones are our current favourites.

My dil uses those types. Shes very trendy lol.

Russ

I have something similar to those small containers, but they are glass containers with plastic lock lids. :whistling:

Last edited:

I have a set of those but I don't like that kind of lock, I find it too hard to close.

Back
Top Bottom