New Kitchen Toys!

Shermie

Veteran
Won't the meats & fish get freezer burn?

That is why I bought the vacuum food sealer. To keep damaging air out of the vacuum seal bags & away from the food.
Without it, food can still spoil in the freezer if kept there for long periods. :headshake::stop:

Shermie

Veteran
Frost-free freezers are the ones considered to be the most damaging, because the chilled frigid air is CONSTANTLY BLOWN around the food by a small fan.

Therefore, food must be tightly sealed to prevent freezer burn, browning and drying out. :wink:

Last edited:

epicuric

Veteran
Staff member
Great tool Shermie. I originally bought a vacuum sealer for sous vide cooking, but its main use now is for freezer bagging. it's great for freezing left over sauces/gravies - vac pak them, freeze then just pull them out and drop in a pan of boiling water when needed. Instant sauce for midweek steak/fish when you dont want to be bothered making one from scratch.

Shermie

Veteran
Great tool Shermie. I originally bought a vacuum sealer for sous vide cooking, but its main use now is for freezer bagging. it's great for freezing left over sauces/gravies - vac pak them, freeze then just pull them out and drop in a pan of boiling water when needed. Instant sauce for midweek steak/fish when you dont want to be bothered making one from scratch.

Having a food vacuum sealer helps you cut down drastically on food waste and food spoilage. It is almost like your best friend in the kitchen!

I often make spaghetti sauce, & when I do, I usually DOUBLE the batch so that I don't have to make more again.

I accomplish this by putting half the batch into a vacuum seal bag, folding it over and freezing it. When the sauce is completely frozen, I vacuum seal it to keep out the damaging air. Bang, boom, done! :wink:

Top Bottom