New pancake recipe using Banana

Local time
8:32 AM
Recently I have been hearing of a new type of pancake recipe. This is done with crushed ripe bananas and eggs. I have not tried this as yet, but it seems as though it would make a nice type of pancake. I was wondering if anyone else had heard about it, and if so, have they given it a try? I believe it can be done without any added sugar since the bananas will give it a light sweetness. Maybe I will try it some day, although I have not made pancakes for some time.

Never heard of it myself, but I must admit, it does sound like a wonderful little recipe. Like you say, you might even be able to cut out any kind of added sugar. I'm getting a real hankering for pancakes lately because so many people are talking about them for some reason, so when I get out of my debt next week, and have money for splurging on food again, I'll try this out!

Maybe it's just my sweet tooth, but I've tried that before and I wouldn't recommend cutting out the sugar in the pancake unless you put in so much banana that it turns into a sort of fritter instead. I slice the bananas flat enough for the pancake to still sort of appear pancakey after the batter is poured on top. Since pancake batter is soft, it's easy to make those little additives. Here's a video showing how to do the same thing with bacon!

Well, if the bananas do not make it sweet enough, then I will probably add some honey on top of the pancake when it is finished. I would not want to use more bananas than is necessary. I will check out the video about how to do pancakes with bacon, but that sounds like it will make them kind of salty and it will turn out to be more savoury than sweet. Anyway, I must give these recipes a try some time.

I think it could also depend upon what kind of bananas you're putting into your pancake. Remember, the browner a banana is, the sweeter it actually is. So it will obviously end up sugaring your pancakes better than a fresh green banana, or even a nice yellow one does.

I have made banana pancakes. Mix the mushy bananas up with eggs and then I put a strawberry glaze over it. It was fantastic. Thing is, I don't like super sugary, so it worked good. Plus I used browned bananas which are sweeter than ripe bananas. So try it with brown bananas and see if you like it.

This sounds interesting. I would like to try it but am concerned about whether or not the "batter" would hold up and somehow maintain the shape of the pancake or if it would all sort of crumble. I think this would be best with very ripe bananas--similar to what you would use in banana bread--because then the batter would have a more liquid consistency.

I tried this just the other week actually. I used 1 banana and 2 eggs. What I ended up with tasted like (was pretty much) a banana omelette and it was horrible :roflmao:

If I were to try it again, I'd obviously try 1 egg to 1 banana, but I'd still sceptical. I think for now I'll stick to normal pancakes and keep an eye on this thread for any developments in this strange "2 ingredient" wonder!

I've tried this banana pancake recipe but I went further and added strawberries and chocolate chips. Talk about delicious and not as sweet as it sounds.

Well I guess one could get very creative with this recipe and not only use the ripe bananas and eggs. Adding flour, raisins, milk, or whatever else would make it more tasty, would be a good little experiment. Adding cinnamon to the recipe might be a good idea too. I like the flavour of cinnamon. I am yet to try the recipe though. I do not make pancakes often these days, but if I do decide to do them in the near future, as long as the bananas are there, I may try my hand at it.

I have also had these. They are definitely part of the "paleo" and gluten free fad, of which I am neither.

Here's my thing - they are okay. But they do NOT resemble pancakes. Without any flour, they are not fluffy at all. In fact, they are kind of dense. They are more like a fried version of scrambled eggs and mashed bananas. If you use a lot of banana it sort of masks the egg flavor, but imagine the texture of mixing eggs and milk and then frying it. That is what you are getting.

Personally, I wish Pinterest didn't advertise this as an alternative to pancakes. In my opinion, it isn't. But it isn't the worst tasting thing in the world and it is probably healthy.

I made these many months ago, just out of curiosity, even though I am not on the paleo diet or any carb restricted diet like Atkins. Mine were just the eggs, some ripe bananas, vanilla, salt and pepper to taste. They cooked up rather nicely and in a uniform fashion. You could still slightly smell the banana, but the vanilla helped mask that. They were more like crepes than pancakes though. Initially they looked like they fluffed up a bit, but as they sat outside of the pan and cooled down a bit, they also flattened out more too. They were very moist and did not dry out. You could probably just treat these more like crepes, and roll them up with some fresh fruit and top with a little powdered sugar. Or you could eat them like pancakes too I guess, perhaps topped with some banana slices, walnuts and maple syrup. It might be worth trying them out in a waffle iron too. Some other posters suggested putting a little baking powder in them to give them more body.

Recently I have been hearing of a new type of pancake recipe. This is done with crushed ripe bananas and eggs. I have not tried this as yet, but it seems as though it would make a nice type of pancake. I was wondering if anyone else had heard about it, and if so, have they given it a try? I believe it can be done without any added sugar since the bananas will give it a light sweetness. Maybe I will try it some day, although I have not made pancakes for some time.
I don't know about that but I do know you can make pancakes with oats. It's very simple to, just mix the oats in a blender with some water and dates, and a little bit of baking powder.

Funny enough, I just saw that banana pancake recipe on Pinterest last week. I haven't gotten around to trying it out, but I probably will. It seems too easy not to try.

Back
Top Bottom