New way with bacon and egg.

Arch

Guru
Local time
12:11 PM
NT and I are partial to a bacon sandwich, or an egg sandwich, or a bacon and egg sandwich. Recently, he's devised a way to make a little bacon go a long way in a sandwich.

Snip the bacon into little strips, and fry them in the pan, then break the egg/eggs over them. As it cooks, the bacon is fused into the egg white. So you get the the flavour, and some proper little bits of bacon, but you can stretch one rasher between two people!

You're not Tom and Barbara from The Good Life are you? :)

I think I'd have to fry the bacon bits for about 20 mins. before popping the egg in as the other half likes bacon done to the point of diamond hardness - none of that pink floppy malarky!! :laugh:

Sounds like a novel way to combine the two though and I might well give it a try next time I'm warmining-up the frying pan (which isn't as often as I'd like to because - other half again - doesn't like to cook bacon too often as it "smells the whole house out". :thumbsdown: )

I think we'd both rather like to be Tom and Barbara. Well, I'd like to be Barbara, I think NT would prefer to be a bit more competent that Tom (and indeed he is!).

It's just a nice way to get a little bacon flavour, without using too much. It also prevents that thing where you bite into the bacon sandwich, don't quite bite through the bacon and end up dragging a whole eggy ketchupy rasher out of the bread and onto your clean teeshirt.

It also prevents that thing where you bite into the bacon sandwich, don't quite bite through the bacon and end up dragging a whole eggy ketchupy rasher out of the bread and onto your clean teeshirt.

Yes - yes - done that sooo many times ... :laugh:

Sounds good, Arch. A variation on this might be to use a pack of smoked bacon lardons - cheaper than bacon rashers, but with just as much flavour. I'm going to give that one a go, because Tony's not safe to be left on his own with a bacon sandwich either!

Back
Top Bottom