New Year's Countdown

Less than 3 hrs here. I'll see it in bed hopefully, though the last few nights have been patchy and midnight seen for most of the last week. We're both exhausted from the day out (combined with an eyesight test), so there is a chance of this storm quietens down.

None of my family will bother wishing me a happy New Year in the morning. They didn't on Christmas day, our wedding anniversary or even my birthday. As far as they are concerned the only timezone that exists is theirs. After nearly 5 years of being polite about it, it is beginning to hurt. Even my in-laws rang me on my birthday in my timezone and wished me happy birthday (this year like all of them since we came to Australia) . Yet my own family seem to think that it's fine to wish me happy birthday/Merry Christmas/ happy New Year a day late. I don't understand it.

Perhaps my new years resolution should be to actually tell my family ... not much point though. It won't get anywhere....

And on that bright note...
I'm not even a "person" to my family. I only exist to be their emotional and physical punching bag. It was hard estranging from them but I had to do it to save my sanity (insert brain fog joke here ;-). I also did it to protect my children from witnessing it. I know it's tough, but that's what makes us survivors.

I'm hoping that this new year will bring you peace. You are not alone.

I'm not even a "person" to my family. I only exist to be their emotional and physical punching bag. It was hard estranging from them but I had to do it to save my sanity (insert brain fog joke here ;-). I also did it to protect my children from witnessing it. I know it's tough, but that's what makes us survivors.

I'm hoping that this new year will bring you peace. You are not alone.

Coming from a broken family, divorced parents, my siblings and I had been rivals and never really mutually supportive. This sort of thing is far more common than you might think.

I stepped out of it long ago when I was in my 20s. It was the only way to have any sanity. The rivalries still exist today, although my one year older brother and I chat by phone every now and then, I don't hear much from the others, except when my mom was dying.

I live on the west coast and they all live back east. My sanity is intact.

What I want to accomplish in the next few hours before it is 2021?
  • A good kitchen cleanout.
  • A good living room straightening.

What I'd like to see happen in 2021?
  • An end to the pandemic, and a chance for people to recover economically as well.
  • Both parties and so forth in my country actually TALKING WITH one another to solve our problems.
  • For me, I want to take two or three small trips here and there. And get more going on my homestead - more quail soon, and a good garden going. And good health - I will likely have to go back in for more surgery this coming year, as the benign tumor is re-invading my leg.
I am not holding my breath on the first two of those wishes, but hope the best for my leg. And maybe at least one trip (other than to a hospital).

Last edited:
I just figured ... I'll be an honest to by dad gum legal Senior Citizen in 2021.

Whoopie! Let's let the World's youth screw things up for a change. :okay:

Note that 65 ya does not mean that Social Security Insurance payments kick in. That has been being bumped up by 2 months again and again for past few years to cut back on the national deficit.

In the USA, 65 ya and older, is a legal Senior Citizen status for certain benefits, from government to local store discounts, theater discounts and tax credits.

Ah OK - its similar here. I'm most definitely a senior citizen even if I don't feel as if I am, don't dress as if I am and most certainly don't behave as if I am. :D

Back
Top Bottom