New Year's Eve and Day. Whatcha' eating?

caseydog

Local time
2:59 PM
For some of you, it is getting really close to 2020. I can't believe nobody has started a New Year's cooking/eating thread.

What's on your menu? Do you have a "good luck" traditional meal?

CD

My wife mentioned ordering a carry oot pizza today but why pay US$10.00 for a pizza when I have all the ingredients to make them myself? The alternative will be carry oot noodles if they're open or Hiananese chicken rice if they're not. Tomorrow will probably be the remaining cooked portion of hot buttered chicken with rice and/or aloo ghobi.

My wife mentioned ordering a carry oot pizza today but why pay US$10.00 for a pizza when I have all the ingredients to make them myself? The alternative will be carry oot noodles if they're open or Hiananese chicken rice if they're not. Tomorrow will probably be the remaining cooked portion of hot buttered chicken with rice and/or aloo ghobi.
This was tonight's homemade pizza, black and green olives and then some peppers on my portion.

This was tonight's homemade pizza, black and green olives and then some peppers on my portion.

The last pizza sauce that I made had chopped chillis in it but it wasn't as hot as I like. Next time I use the sauce I'll add extra fresh chillis.

Just had a Burger King burger, the double cheese BBQ one, Hershey pie, pushed the boat out. Friends coming round for drinks. Midnight in just over 5 hours. I'll be the first to say cheers. Been a pretty good year here. Everyone's well and enjoying life. Miss 10 just gone home after two days here with her nana. Bacon n egg Pie tomorrow and fish n chips at the beach house were staying at. Beach is 40 second walk away, 34 deg c here tomorrow. The house is a 2 million dollar house. Even a swimming pool and spa out the front. 5 bedroom 5 toilets.
I'm not cooking tomorrow

Happy new year peeps.

:) :)

Russ

I only realised that new year's eve is tonight this morning. I was preparing things for tomorrow..
So we'll have our regular dinner and then some traditional snacks and bites until midnight.

We will have oliebollen (Dutch doughnuts made with a beer batter and raisins), a traditional new year's eve pastry.
Oliebol - Wikipedia
Bitterballen (little fried balls filled with meat ragout) and fried cheese and chicken snacks
Bitterballen - Wikipedia

Devilled eggs, Caprese salad, French Bread with garlic butter and olive tapenade. Not too much fancy stuff as the kids are here and they're not fond of new foods.

Not the healthiest day for sure, but it's a party.

We went for char siu egg noodles (as they were open).

No pepperoni in the shops (in fact very little in the shops - they were queueing at Makro ten deep this afternoon and Makro don't have anything for sale! Of course, one wouldn't know that until you'd waited 2 hours to find out).

Cotechino e Lenticchie - Traditional Slow-Cooked Pork Sausage with Lentils

I almost always make some Mercan "pigs in a blanket" on NYE, and probably will tonight. Hormel Little Smokies wrapped in Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough and baked. They look like this...

serveimage.jpeg

Those, and other finger foods are my usual NYE fare. I may have a wee bit of whiskey, too. :okay:

CD

Back
Top Bottom