Ingredients
1 egg white
¾ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
¾ ounce simple syrup
1½ ounce bourbon
Ice
½ ounce red wine

Directions
In a cocktail shaker, combine the egg white, lemon juice, simple syrup, and bourbon. Dry shake (without ice) vigorously for 30 to 60 seconds to foam the egg whites.

Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into a glass and float the red wine over the top using a bar spoon.

Recipe courtesy of cocktails.lovetoknow.com

The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

I love that, I wonder if cherry brandy or some other red liquer could be used in place of the wine, or would that make it too sweet?

I love that, I wonder if cherry brandy or some other red liquer could be used in place of the wine, or would that make it too sweet?
It's worth a try, though I don't know if the brandy will float, and I think the acidity in the wine mixes well with the other flavors.

Looks interesting. I like the layering effect. I'm really going to have to try one of these cocktails using egg white.

Looks interesting. I like the layering effect. I'm really going to have to try one of these cocktails using egg white.
The trick seems to be to dry-shake it first (for about 30 seconds), to really break up the whites, then to shake again with the ice, as usual.

I really like the addition of the egg white, it makes it all smooth and velvety. It feels very luxurious to drink.

Back
Top Bottom