NINJA Foodi AG301UK Health Grill & Air Fryer (and air fryers, halogen ovens in general)

Roger Burton

Local time
1:25 PM
Website
www.rogerburton.co.uk
Hi chaps, these are on offer and I'm tempted, there are only 2 of us and often heat up the oven for something small, other than that they look pretty useful, does anyone have any experience please ? 51478

Hi chaps, these are on offer and I'm tempted, there are only 2 of us and often heat up the oven for something small, other than that they look pretty useful, does anyone have any experience please ?View attachment 51478

I looked at these but they take up far too much counter space for my small kitchen. I already use a halogen oven (much cheaper than Ninja, you can pick one up for around £40) which sits on the counter. In fact, since I got it I very very rarely use the conventional oven. Its perfect for anything you would cook in the oven and for grilling, air frying etc. It has the advantage that you can see the food as it cooks. You can even cook a whole chicken in it. Yorky also uses a halogen for a great deal of his cooking - I don't think he uses a conventional oven very often.

1606558744655.png

It's interesting to see this usage of these. Way back when I posted about my big NuWave cooker, nobody seemed to thrilled about them.

P.S check the footprint as the Ninja is a big beast. Here is a picture which someone posted of it on a normal sized hob:

• Wow
Reactions: mjd
Yorky also uses a halogen for a great deal of his cooking - I don't think he uses a conventional oven very often.

Must be 4 years since I've used it. I've been serious considering throwing it out.

Halogen ovens here can now be bought for just over £20 .

Can we multi-purpose this thread? My sister wants an air fryer for xmas, so I'm looking for a good one. She doesn't want one that does other things -- just an air fryer.

I was going to start a new thread, but maybe we can kill two birds with one stone here.

CD

I'm the op .. thanks to MG I looked again and the size is biiiiig ... I don't think it makes toasted sandwiches as easily as my tiny George Foreman and I have a very basic air frier that does great sausages (brown all round) with very little effort and it cooks frozen chips very well .... I'm probably going to stick with what I've got so CD, I can't find my particular model but it's a bit like this and I'm pretty happy with it Buy Tower T17024 Digital Air Fryer | Fryers | Argos

Last edited:
I'm the op .. thanks to MG I looked again and the size is biiiiig ... I don't think it makes toasted sandwiches as easily as my tiny George Foreman and I have a very basic air fuer that does great sausages (brown all round) with very little effort and it cooks frozen chips very well .... I'm probably going to stick with what I've got so CD I can't find my particular model but it's a bit like this and I'm pretty happy with it Buy Tower T17024 Digital Air Fryer | Fryers | Argos

That is similar to mine and the price is virtually the same. I haven't completed a write-up on it yet (still experimenting).

Haier HAF-K25B2 Air Frier.

Thanks for the posts here. It kinda' led me in the right direction. I did some research, and came up with one to buy for my sister. Now, I'll just have to see if she likes it.

Thanks to Roger for sharing his thread with me.

CD

The Ninja Foodi is actually several appliances in one!! With the air fryer in the main lid, it can be used as a small mini oven for cooking things that you'd hate to heat up the regular oven for!! Especially in the summer!! It also serves as a "burner" to help out your stove, as things can be cooked in the metal non-stick bowl that fits in the appliance for holiday cooking & baking!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Wifie quietly and stealth-like moved ours out to the storage shed to a shelf next to a stack of my coveted Mad Magazines.
No kitchen counter space but I sure liked it.

Back
Top Bottom