Ninja Foodi. Looks like a Robot Chef!!

This looks cool...and the price is reasonable, too. I'm intrigued by the fact that it claims to be able to crisp in a pressure cooker. I have crisped things - by mistake - in a pressure cooker, but not in a good way (this is what happens when you don't put enough liquid in before sealing the lid).

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about something like this!

robot-restaurant-770x426.jpg

Hah!! Cool, but that isn't exactly what I had in mind. Nice try!! The outer lid is where the heating element & cyclonic fan are. It stays attached to the cooker, whether it is open or closed. A slightly smaller lid fits onto the unit for pressure cooking.

it is also called Tendercrisp. :wink:

Last edited:
Robot B9 from Lostin Space & Robbie..jpg

Robbie (on the right) also was a cook in the film Forbidden Planet. He came back & made several guest appearances on the Twilight Zone & Lost in Space to challenge Robot B-9 on the left who was a regular & member of the Robinson family on Lost in Space. He & Will Robinson became best friends.

The designer made both robots.

Last edited:
I've just seen this advertised on UK TV so its obviously being pushed over here too. £179 - (about $238) which is not cheap!

Here, you have the option of getting a lot of stuff (accessories) with it, which drives up the selling price to close to about
$375. If you just want the unit, it's just a little over $200. I just want the unit. Not that other crap!! That and just the recipe books. :wink:

It's just a gimmick to get you to buy all that stuff & pay even more money!! Born at night, NOT LAST NIGHT!!!! :mad:

There is no difference between the 6-qt & 8-qt models. The inner pots are the same size. Only difference is that the air-fry basket is slightly larger & the 8-qt model has higher cooking wattage. That's all. :(

Last edited:
Ninja FoodI.jpg
I got one!! It's still in the box. It will go on the new kitchen cart that I'm getting for the kitchen. Along with the toaster oven & microwave!! :wink:

Last edited:
There are tons of recipes that feature this appliance on YouTube & all over the place!! :wink:

star_wars_r2_d2_robot_vacuum_cleaner.jpg
Also looks like the R-2D2 Robot from the Star Wars films!! This one is actually a vacuum cleaner .Hah!! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom