Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Stove

First up is a go at cold smoked cheese.
IMG_2344.jpeg

These are all vegan cheeses. There's feta, parmesan, cream cheese with a spiced crust and three blocks of Cheddarton.

I used the air fryer tray so the smoke can circulate more freely.

They say 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

You are then supposed to let the flavour develop and mellow for a week or two.
One of those blocks of Cheddarton won't be maturing passed a couple of hours 😂

The smoking is complete!
I cut a corner off each block for immediate sampling and oof it's smokey!
I can see that it does need a week or two for the flavour to mellow and develop through the cheese.
At the moment it's very promising 🤞
The spicy cream cheese taste is good and ready to eat straight away 😋
IMG_2346.jpeg

In the app you have to give your appliance a name or identifier (in case you want add another Ninja oven) so I'm pleased to introduce to Mr Marley, named after the great smoker the one and only Bob Marley.

IMG_2350.jpeg

Part way.

IMG_2351.jpeg

and finished. I broke the feta picking it up in a daft way!

A couple of initial comments -
The ninja pellets are as all the reviewers say stupidly expensive compared with other better offerings. You do burn thought a lot of them in a short period so the Ninja branded ones are not a wise buy.

The power cord is ridiculously short. It must have been a deliberate choice by the manufacturers because everything else is so well thought out 🤷‍♀️

The pellet hopper is small and needs topping up every 40-60 mins but you don't have to open the lid or interfere with the chamber to top up the pellets, it's all very simple to use and to clean.

The app is great. Also simple to use and nice to have a quick check on your phone to see how long is left, I like the notifications telling you it's finished and that it switches itself off.

I'll be needing a second table for just outside the utility door as I can already tell this is going to be in use as an oven in the kitchen area even more than out on the patio as a BBQ!

All in all so far so good!

am i correct in that this is an outdoor tabletop smoker ? also how would it do for long smokes meaning 6-8 hours ?

am i correct in that this is an outdoor tabletop smoker ? also how would it do for long smokes meaning 6-8 hours ?
It is a tabletop smoker but also a lot more.
It bakes, roasts, BBQ’s, air fries, reheats and dehydrates.
It also has a temp probe that will stop the cooking when it reaches the internal temperature you set.

Max smoke time 12 hours.
BUT as mentioned above you have to fill the small hopper every hour or so (more if you’re using a high temp).

I have the XL size and the capacity is good. You can fit some BIG joints of meat in there.

I’ve been cooking on it solidly for the last two weeks (haven’t used my normal ovens once in that time) mostly in order to keep the heat out of the house and I think I’m in love with it!
Yesterday it cooked pies and a parcel of baby potatoes and green beans in a garlic smoked butter, today it’s done jacket potatoes and sausages, this morning I did some marinated chicken mini fillets and used the air frier basket to make some chips.
Tomorrow (or maybe Sunday) I’ll use the rib rack and smoke some fat ribs for lunch 👍

I’ve not tried baking cakes in it (not sure I want to 🤷‍♀️) but the smoker, grill, roast, air fry and reheat are excellent.

I did pay extra for the wifi connected one and that according to a lot of reviewers isn’t worth it. Personally I’ve found it extremely useful but I do go off and do other jobs while cooking so I find the push notifications very handy.

Glad it works to your satisfaction :)
I use a wsm, a weber hilbilly kettle, and plain woodfire
And very nice one that is too.
They look lovely as well, authentic.
There's nothing authentic about the Ninja Woodfire but it's modern tech, but modern tech at its best.

The builder was here today trying to fix a brick pillar (it's been bashed to pieces by clumsy drivers) and so enamoured am I of this outdoor cooking appliance I've asked him to quote for putting a fixed roof out there so I can use it year round 😊

Tis good for the soul to step outside the door, even briefly for cooking stuff. Maybe especially for cooking stuff.
But then you'd know more about that than any of us!

would this thing hold a full slab of ribs ? and if you set the temp at 225 how long would the pellets last before needing to be replenished ?
as you can tell i'm kinda interested in this thing

would this thing hold a full slab of ribs ? and if you set the temp at 225 how long would the pellets last before needing to be replenished ?
as you can tell i'm kinda interested in this thing
Depends on how big your full slabs are.
I use the rib rack for the XL and can fit four full slabs in there.

This is the rib rack, it is sold separately.
IMG_2347.jpeg

As you can see from the pic without a rib rack you could fit two in there laying flat so long as they weren’t huge!

The rack is good for letting the smoke circulate around the whole slab. Or as I have done once, only cooked two in the rack and put corn on the cob in the other two rack slots.

Timing wise on 250 (Fahrenheit I assume) I don’t know how long before you’d have to top up. Maybe 50 mins 🤷‍♀️
Personally I find the smoke generated pretty potent and 3 hours is plenty for me but then I don’t like and overly strong smoke flavour.

Last edited:
with it being just me and the wife , i have been smoking 4-6 slabs and freezing them in my big smoker simply because i did'nt want to fire up the big one for anything less, but this thing might be just what i need !! it would sure beat firing up this big thing just for the two of us

DSCN5662.JPG

with it being just me and the wife , i have been smoking 4-6 slabs and freezing them in my big smoker simply because i did'nt want to fire up the big one for anything less, but this thing might be just what i need !! it would sure beat firing up this big thing just for the two of us

View attachment 116587
Wow they are big ribs!
I don’t think UK ribs hold a candle to those! 😂

Maybe draw out the base plate dimensions on a bit of paper before committing, you don’t want to find out monster ribs don’t fit 😂

Back
Top Bottom