No cook oatmeal

monical

Veteran
Local time
12:47 PM
My husband and preschooler just love these no cook oatmeal cups and I love them because it makes breakfast time easy and they are full of healthiness.

You'll need...
  • 1/4 cup regular fat yogurt
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup milk or substitute
  • Some fruit
  • ~ 1 tbs. Sweetener (maple syrup, honey, extracts, even sugar)
  1. In a 2 cup portion jar, mix all ingredients together and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Use organic, whole ingredients where possible and enjoy!

I ran right in here when I saw the title of your thread... but then abruptly stopped when I saw "yogurt." :facepalm: It sounds like an incredibly healthy recipe but bottom line is that for some reason I've never been able to eat yogurt without getting sick. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything because other milk and dairy products aren't an issue... but there's just something about yogurt.

That said, I wonder if adding your oatmeal, milk, fruit, and sweetener to cottage cheese would work? That I can eat just fine... would it be too disgusting or strange in cottage cheese, do you think? I guess adding the milk to it would give it a rather yukky consistency even with the oatmeal to thicken.

Thank you for the recipe! Do you know about how many calories are in this recipe? It calls for 1/4 cup regular fat yogurt. I'm wondering if I could use fat-free yogurt? I'm trying to watch my calorie intake. Do you think using regular fat yogurt makes a difference vs. fat-free yogurt?

Back
Top Bottom