Noises while eating

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:55 AM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
There are some foods that althought they are good, tasty, comfort, healthy, etc. they have the 'defect' of being socially annoying if not eaten properly or with appropriate care.
An example? The broth. There is nothing more annoying than to hear (or see) someone who eats the soup or the broth as if he were drinking from a puddle of water after days in the middle of the desert.

And what are your 'favorites'?

This little boy I know, he burps loudly after drinking water, soda or any liquid that he may be drinking!! I asked him not to do that. but he ignores me & does it anyway!! He deliberately does things to aggravate me!! I told him that the next time he does that, he will NOT be going out with me to eat again!!

This kid has the balls to do it again!! So the next time, I didn't take him & that made him cry. He was raging mad! I said to him; "Learn some table manners, & you can go eat out with me! You think that everything is a joke. That's not gonna fly!!" :mad::headshake::stop:

This little boy I know, he burps loudly after drinking water, soda or any liquid that he may be drinking!! I asked him not to do that. but he ignores me & does it anyway!! He deliberately does things to aggravate me!! I told him that the next time he does that, he will NOT be going out with me to eat again!!

This kid has the balls to do it again!! So the next time, I didn't take him & that made him cry. He was raging mad! I said to him; "Learn some table manners, & you can go eat out with me! You think that everything is a joke. That's not gonna fly!!" :mad::headshake::stop:

I had a wee trick when taking my kids out to dinner, when they were young, if they started to play up, I'd just gently pinch them under the arm and hold it and tell them to stop or else!! It worked, kids still laugh about it.

Russ

Yes to 'slurping' broth or soup, makes me cringe. Can't really think of any other specific food that can be eaten badly.
But anyone either smacking their lips when they eat or eating so that you can see the food going round and round in their mouth like a demented washing machine makes me want to stick a fork in their head. Eat like a damn adult!

Yes to 'slurping' broth or soup, makes me cringe. Can't really think of any other specific food that can be eaten badly.
But anyone either smacking their lips when they eat or eating so that you can see the food going round and round in their mouth like a demented washing machine makes me want to stick a fork in their head. Eat like a damn adult!

Agree, I hate slurping with soup,as well. Soup with soldiers= no slurping.

Russ

Well done @Shermie!

:laugh:
And usually they run the longest program with centrifuge to follow

Another food that drives me crazy: crisps! :hyper:

The 9-y-o kid does that. I told him that if he does that again I will put him on time-out for the rest of his life!!! :mad::headshake::stop:

My partner often makes 'mmm-ing noises when eating' - appreciative noises. That's OK - once or twice. But lately it has got more frequent and he is mmm-ing every few seconds (literally!). It has driven me to distraction and I've had to stop him eating and point out how odd it is. Its like a nervous tic. Unfortunately I think its an unconscious thing and he finds it hard to stop.

My partner often makes 'mmm-ing noises when eating' - appreciative noises. That's OK - once or twice. But lately it has got more frequent and he is mmm-ing every few seconds (literally!). It has driven me to distraction and I've had to stop him eating and point out how odd it is. Its like a nervous tic. Unfortunately I think its an unconscious thing and he finds it hard to stop.

mmm-I see

I imagine he's just enjoying your beautiful meals.!!

Russ

Back
Top Bottom