Recipe Non-Dairy Smoothies?

buzzwordb

Über Member
Local time
7:59 AM
I recently went dairy-free to see if it will help with my hormonal cystic acne. The downside of dairy-free... well no more dairy (duh); i.e. no more cheese, no more yogurt, no more milk anything! However, there is a plus side which is the new opportunity to discover all of the alternatives in the non-dairy world. I love smoothies, so I was pretty bummed when I had to omit greek yogurt from my smoothies; but at the same time, it hasn't been all that bad with the other types of things I put in my smoothies. Here is one of my favorites:

1/2-1 cup of coconut, hemp, or almond milk (amount is based on how runny you like your smoothie)
1 banana
1 cup (or more) Spinach leaves (get your iron!)
1 Tblsp Almond butter
3/4 cup frozen peaches or fruit of your choosing

Make sure you are adding the liquids first if you are using a standard blender like I do. It's not uncommon to have to mix it up after several seconds of blending. I have always found bananas are essential when wanting that creamy taste when you can't use yogurt.

Have a favorite non-dairy smoothie? Let me know!

My dairy free smoothie is one that uses any dairy free yoghurt, ground porridge oats, ground nuts or seeds of your choice, a touch of fairy free milk as a thinner, some fruit of your choice (frozen berries are a useful option here) and some sweetener of your choice as needed. I'm a banana free smoothie person because I can't stand bananas.

My dairy free smoothie is one that uses any dairy free yoghurt, ground porridge oats, ground nuts or seeds of your choice, a touch of fairy free milk as a thinner, some fruit of your choice (frozen berries are a useful option here) and some sweetener of your choice as needed. I'm a banana free smoothie person because I can't stand bananas.

The non-dairy yogurt is definitely a good idea, but I find omitting yogurt altogether helps keep the price of my smoothies down. Until almond and other non-dairy yogurt prices come down, I'm going to stick to my bananas. Interesting idea with the oats though! I will give that a try.

I love the addition of oats in smoothies - I just find that it fills me up and keeps me going so much more than without it!

For my non dairy smoothies I always blend banana and apple together and I always love this combination in my smoothies.

Back
Top Bottom