Recipe Noodle Paella Fisherman's Stew (Fideuà)

Francesca

Local time
6:14 PM
COOKINGBITESPAELLA20160501_133915.jpg

Fideuá Turned into a Paella Marinara with Saffron due to fact, I had forgotten to buy the Fideo Noodles .. Sorry .. Shall post the noodle Fideuà next time I prepare it .. Looks like a Paella except for noodles verses Fallera Arborio Paella Rice from Valencia .. Due to my dilema, I added fresh Clams, Fresh Mussels & fresh Crab which I prepared at the finals on top of the Rice .. Not mentioned in ingredients due to a change of course as I forgot the Noodles .. Thought I had a bag, however, I was mistaken .. The ingredients are altered but not the Method .. You can select from the shellfish or fish varieties of choice .. Prawns can sub the Crab or Norway Bay Lobsters ..

Originally, a fisherman´s stew from the coast of Gandia, Valencia, which had spread north into Castellón, Tarragona, Barcelona and Gerona, on the Meditteranean. The recipe was created by the Chef aboard the Isabel, in the 1800s.

Unfortunately, I did not have "fideo" noodles in the apartment and so I landed up preparing a Paella Marinara .. See Photo. The ingredients are the same more or less and I did use Saffron and sent a "doggie bag " to the U.K. !!

Noodle Paella:

For the stock / broth:

200 Ml. or 3 /4 Cup Spanish Evoo.
1 Medium sized onion or shallots ( 155 grams ) peeled and minced.
1 Large Red ripe tomato de-seeded and peeled
1 teaspoon of Spanish Sweet Smoked Pimentón ( Paprika ).
1 1/4 Cups of wáter or shellfish broth / stock strained ..
2 kilos of a variety of sea foods: Monkfish, Grouper, Scorpion, Cod Fish ..
1 / 2 inch dried red chilie pepper called a Guindilla de Cayena or similar ..
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste ..

The Noodle Paella:

410 grams of seafood: Norway Bay Lobsters and Prawns
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
2 tablsp fresh lemon juice
90 Ml. Spanish Evoo.
250 grams of monkfish or grouper
100 grams of squid - cleaned and sliced into arcs ..
1 large red ripe tomato de-seeded and peeled ..
1 tsp. Smoked Spanish Pimentón ( Sweet Paprika )
410 grams of Flat " Fideo " Noodles ..

Method & Instructions:

1) To prepare the seafood stock: Heat the Evoo in a large casserole and gently sauté the onion or shallot and then the tomato.

2) Add the paprika, and then the wáter and then the fish varieties, the chilie pepper and salt and freshly ground black pepper.

3) Simmer on low slow flame covered for 30 minutes ..

4) Rinse thoroughly, all the shellfish and sprinkle salt ..

5) Crush the minced garlic with the parsley in a mortar and drizzle in the lemon juice. Reserve.

6) Take some Evoo and place in a 40 cm or 16 inche paella pan called a Pallera, and sauté the Norway Bay Lobsters and the Prawns until slightly rosey Golden.

7) Remove the shellfish from the Pallera Pan. Set the shellfish aside.

8) Now, sauté the fish ( the monkfish or the grouper ) followed by the Squid Arcs, and then the tomato.

9) Add the paprika, and the fish broth ( strained of course ) and adjust salt and black pepper.

10) When the fish is nearly done and is on high simmer, add the Noodles and spread out evenly. Then add the Norway bay lobsters, the prawns and the Parsely Lemon Garlic mixture and gently stir in 1 directio, clockwise .. Cook for 17 minutes on a low médium flame.

11) Taste test the noodles for doneness and if they are ready, remove from the heat. And allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving ( flavors shall combine this way. )

Photograph to follow today ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

Last edited by a moderator:
No rice or chorizo?
:whistling:

:p:

@buckytom.

This is a shellfish Fideuà and meat is not classic to the dish. It was developed by a Ship Chef in the 1860s .. Aboard the " Isabel " in Port Gandia - Valencia ..

You could prepare the dish with chicken and sausage ( chorizo ) if you wish too ..

It is not Paella Marinara .. It is Fideuà ( noodle paella ) ..

Have a great weekend ..

Chorizo is not traditionally used in Paella although it is certainly common here and in the States.

@morning glory,

Yes, I am aware it is common outside of Spain .. However, I use family classic traditional Iberian récipes ..

Have a lovely day.

Back to the book on the terrace !!
Have a lovely weekend ..

@morning glory,

Yes, I am aware it is common outside of Spain .. However, I use family classic traditional Iberian récipes ..

Have a lovely day.

Back to the book on the terrace !!
Have a lovely weekend ..
I think we had a discussion about this last year - didn't Jamie Oliver get banned from Spain for life because he used chorizo in paella?

View attachment 8101

Fideuá Turned into a Paella Marinara with Saffron due to fact, I had forgotten to buy the Fideo Noodles .. Sorry .. Shall post the noodle Fideuà next time I prepare it .. Looks like a Paella except for noodles verses Fallera Arborio Paella Rice from Valencia .. Due to my dilema, I added fresh clams which I prepared at the finals on top of the Rice ..

Originally, a fisherman´s stew from the coast of Gandia, Valencia, which had spread north into Castellón, Tarragona, Barcelona and Gerona, on the Meditteranean. The recipe was created by the Chef aboard the Isabel, in the 1800s.

Unfortunately, I did not have "fideo" noodles in the apartment and so I landed up preparing a Paella Marinara .. See Photo. The ingredients are the same more or less and I did use Saffron and sent a "doggie bag " to the U.K. !!

Noodle Paella:

For the stock / broth:

200 Ml. or 3 /4 Cup Spanish Evoo.
1 Medium sized onion or shallots ( 155 grams ) peeled and minced.
1 Large Red ripe tomato de-seeded and peeled
1 teaspoon of Spanish Sweet Smoked Pimentón ( Paprika ).
1 1/4 Cups of wáter or shellfish broth / stock strained ..
2 kilos of a variety of sea foods: Monkfish, Grouper, Scorpion, Cod Fish ..
1 / 2 inch dried red chilie pepper called a Guindilla de Cayena or similar ..
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste ..

The Noodle Paella:

410 grams of seafood: Norway Bay Lobsters and Prawns
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
2 tablsp fresh lemon juice
90 Ml. Spanish Evoo.
250 grams of monkfish or grouper
100 grams of squid - cleaned and sliced into arcs ..
1 large red ripe tomato de-seeded and peeled ..
1 tsp. Smoked Spanish Pimentón ( Sweet Paprika )
410 grams of Flat " Fideo " Noodles ..

Method & Instructions:

1) To prepare the seafood stock: Heat the Evoo in a large casserole and gently sauté the onion or shallot and then the tomato.

2) Add the paprika, and then the wáter and then the fish varieties, the chilie pepper and salt and freshly ground black pepper.

3) Simmer on low slow flame covered for 30 minutes ..

4) Rinse thoroughly, all the shellfish and sprinkle salt ..

5) Crush the minced garlic with the parsley in a mortar and drizzle in the lemon juice. Reserve.

6) Take some Evoo and place in a 40 cm or 16 inche paella pan called a Pallera, and sauté the Norway Bay Lobsters and the Prawns until slightly rosey Golden.

7) Remove the shellfish from the Pallera Pan. Set the shellfish aside.

8) Now, sauté the fish ( the monkfish or the grouper ) followed by the Squid Arcs, and then the tomato.

9) Add the paprika, and the fish broth ( strained of course ) and adjust salt and black pepper.

10) When the fish is nearly done and is on high simmer, add the Noodles and spread out evenly. Then add the Norway bay lobsters, the prawns and the Parsely Lemon Garlic mixture and gently stir in 1 directio, clockwise .. Cook for 17 minutes on a low médium flame.

11) Taste test the noodles for doneness and if they are ready, remove from the heat. And allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving ( flavors shall combine this way. )

Photograph to follow today ..

Have a lovely weekend ..[/ATTACH]

Looks great @Francesca. You don't mention in the list of ingredients, but I see mussels, clams, and are those soft shelled crabs?

I think we had a discussion about this last year - didn't Jamie Oliver get banned from Spain for life because he used chorizo in paella?

@epicuric,

I have never heard that Chef Olivier was banned or prohibited from travelling to Spain. I do have a book of his focused on the Cuisines of the Mediterranean Countries ..

If someone likes sausage in their Paella, it is there money to do as they wish. But it is not an ingredient used in Traditional Paellas or Fideuà ( noodle Paella ).

Have a lovely weekend ..

:laugh: There was a furore about his use of chorizo - a bit unfair really because there other well-known UK Chefs who also use it in paella.

@morning glory

I made mention in 1st paragraph that as I set forth to créate a Fideuà, I had no Fideos in the house ..

But I had Paella Arborio !

I shall pick up some Fideos ( small noodles ) and so I just did a Paella Marinara !!

It was delicious ..

Have a nice weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom