North American Regional Dishes

Kate

Veteran
Local time
12:20 PM
I think it's fun to try regional dishes while I'm traveling... and there are so many things to try!

I mostly travel the east coast so I don't really have experience with west coast or many midwest US traditional foods, *but* I do love those that I've tried in the east. Some of these would include Philly Cheesesteak, Southern BBQ with cole slaw right in the sandwich, Boston Baked Beans, NYC hot dogs, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, Georgia's Brunswick Stew, *anything* PA Dutch... and the list goes on. Maine Lobster... how could I forget?!

What are some of your favorite regional foods whether US-based or elsewhere?

I am from Louisiana, so of course Creole/Cajun is my first love. :)
However, I have recently spent time in South Carolina and find the barbeque quite interesting. It is good, but very different from what I am accustomed to.
I have been in DC for the past few years and since it is a veritable melting pot, have had the opportunity to try dishes from many different regions. I even went to Shabbat with a friend. The food was awesome (the experience was beautiful).
I love food though. I am the one who will usually sample what others won't: snake, coon, squirrel (wonderful!), gator (a favorite, of course), frog, Rocky Mountain oysters (lived in Montana for a few years), and the list goes on and on.

Back
Top Bottom